Shooting in Hollycarrside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Thompson, 39.

Is that Tonka's real name?

So NOT Mr J.S. as mentioned in post #27 then??
Hope the lynching party haven't been round the J.S. household.

15 year old boy shot while riding motorbike.

In critical condition at the RVI.

Sad

Yes sad.
But what the feck is a 15 year old boy doing driving a motorbike/moped on the streets then??
Did he have a bash-hat on???

Totally agree marra.

Did the parents not stop him from going out on a bike at his age with no helmet though??
I'm not condoning what happened but I think most can set the scene.
15yr old flying up and down the street on a motorbike at all hours, the whole street raging then someone takes the law into their own hands.

From what I've read I think the lad was on the back of the bike. The shot was aimed at the rider but hit the young lad.

The rider was unhurt!

I'm not condoning what happened but I think most can set the scene.
15yr old flying up and down the street on a motorbike at all hours, the whole street raging then someone takes the law into their own hands.

Aye marra, I know what you mean. and I do not condone what happened to the boy either.
But it seems to me a lack of parental guidance is partly to blame here then. If there are 15 year olds out on bikes on the open road, then the parents must know that they're too young to do that, and also flouting the law with regards to wearing bash-hats etc.
Or are they just turning a blind eye to it? Or are they waiting for the police to come and sort it out??

From what I've read I think the lad was on the back of the bike. The shot was aimed at the rider but hit the young lad.

The rider was unhurt!

So the lad was on the pillion without a bash hat then.

Aye marra, I know what you mean. and I do not condone what happened to the boy either.
But it seems to me a lack of parental guidance is partly to blame here then. If there are 15 year olds out on bikes on the open road, then the parents must know that they're too young to do that, and also flouting the law with regards to wearing bash-hats etc.
Or are they just turning a blind eye to it? Or are they waiting for the police to come and sort it out??

So the lad was on the pillion without a bash hat then.

Aye that's what I've heard.

Your spot on the lack of parental control. If my teenage lad was out on a bike on the road with or without a crash hat I'd knack him.

The other adults in the street should have been on the phone to the cops anyway the minute they see bikes like this flying about.

Aye that's what I've heard.

Your spot on the lack of parental control. If my teenage lad was out on a bike on the road with or without a crash hat I'd knack him.

The other adults in the street should have been on the phone to the cops anyway the minute they see bikes like this flying about.

Have the parents said they knew he was on a bike without a helmet?

When I was 15/16 I was on bikes without a helmet etc and my mam never knew.

They probably have numerous times man. Unless the kids are flying up and down when the cops get there there's nowt they can do. Not all cops are pursuit trained either so they can't even chase them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back