Shooting in Edinburgh

Theyre crackers. I used to watch Hibs when I lived in Edinburgh. I lived near Leith then Duddingston from 1964 to 1974.

The 2 friendlies I've been to with SAFC at Easter Road were real eye openers. the last one we had a couple of years ago I couldnt get into a pub with the bairn. We eventually found one about 200 yards up from Meadowbank stadium (now demolished). We had been in about 5 minutes and their lads started to walk in. What a set of f***ing nasty bastards they were. They went into the back room and you could smell the dope drifting out and into the main bar.

As I left with the bairn a police van drew up. After the game there were a few of them lifted by the Police at the top of Easter Road and I was told by the police to take the bairn over the other side of the road for his safety. A lot of their lads are from Pilton which is rough as fuck.

Edinburgh is a class city but it has a nasty under current to it when you look a bit deeper.

Pilton - Pilton - Should I move there? : Edinburgh

Aye, Pilton is a shit tip right enough. Would be interesting to know where they landed. Even 5 years ago it would be a big stretch to find a 2 bed for under 95k that wasn't in a rough area.

Back