Shooting in Edinburgh

Vaguely remember him being in some programs where he thought he was god's gift, these things catch up with people more often than not, shame for his family like.

He was a 'reformed' thug.
He wasnt an actor. He uses to be into extortion and a main lad for hibs service crew.
Owned boxing gyms and supposed to be on the straight and narrow now!

Possibly still thought he was a gangster and life caught up with him.
Or could be totally innocent. I think I know which way I'd lean towards.

WTF! I remember that documentary , Hibs lad.

Trainspotting 2 actor Bradley Welsh was assassinated after £130,000 worth of hard drugs he was hired to protect went missing, it is claimed.

Mr Welsh was shot in the head as he was walking down the stairs to his Edinburgh flat while his partner and eight-year-old daughter were inside.

The 48-year-old former football hooligan ran a local boxing gym and helped Edinburgh charities, and had gained wider fame for his role in the Trainspotting sequel in 2017 and an appearance on Danny Dyer's Deadliest Men over a decade ago.

It is claimed that Mr Welsh's murder came just weeks after a package containing 3kg of heroin and 2kg of cocaine - worth about £130,000 on the street - disappeared.

Trainspotting 2 actor 'assassinated after £130k of hard drugs went missing'

Trainspotting 2 actor Bradley Welsh was assassinated after £130,000 worth of hard drugs he was hired to protect went missing, it is claimed.
From a hotel in London by chance? Young junkie with a passing resemblance of a Hollywood superstar last seen sneaking out with a holdall?

He was a 'reformed' thug.
He wasnt an actor. He uses to be into extortion and a main lad for hibs service crew.
Owned boxing gyms and supposed to be on the straight and narrow now! O

Possibly still thought he was a gangster and life caught up with him.
Or could be totally innocent. I think I know which way I'd lean towards.
I remember watching that particular episode when it was first screened.
I think it was the only one I watched.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few months ago a note was put on his van saying that his vehicle was "lowering the tone of the area."

These Neighbourhood Watch schemes are getting a bit extreme.

There was a few good episodes, if you ignore the pwopa nawty hardman Danny Dyer. Some interesting fellas
Aye, Dyer's not my cuppa tea.
I remember, the main reason I didn't watch more episodes, was because I was usually working when the programme was screened.

The one episode I watched, I enjoyed.

Somebody should write a book about it.
It would be a large one.

Mr Welsh was shot in the head as he was walking down the stairs to his Edinburgh flat while his partner and eight-year-old daughter were inside.

The 48-year-old former football hooligan ran a local boxing gym and helped Edinburgh charities, and had gained wider fame for his role in the Trainspotting sequel in 2017 and an appearance on Danny Dyer's Deadliest Men over a decade ago.

It is claimed that Mr Welsh's murder came just weeks after a package containing 3kg of heroin and 2kg of cocaine - worth about £130,000 on the street - disappeared.

Trainspotting 2 actor 'assassinated after £130k of hard drugs went missing'
Well, well, Edinburgh and drugs. who would have thunk it.....

WTF! I remember that documentary , Hibs lad.
Theyre crackers. I used to watch Hibs when I lived in Edinburgh. I lived near Leith then Duddingston from 1964 to 1974.

The 2 friendlies I've been to with SAFC at Easter Road were real eye openers. the last one we had a couple of years ago I couldnt get into a pub with the bairn. We eventually found one about 200 yards up from Meadowbank stadium (now demolished). We had been in about 5 minutes and their lads started to walk in. What a set of f***ing nasty bastards they were. They went into the back room and you could smell the dope drifting out and into the main bar.

As I left with the bairn a police van drew up. After the game there were a few of them lifted by the Police at the top of Easter Road and I was told by the police to take the bairn over the other side of the road for his safety. A lot of their lads are from Pilton which is rough as fuck.

Edinburgh is a class city but it has a nasty under current to it when you look a bit deeper.

Pilton - Pilton - Should I move there? : Edinburgh

Last edited:

Back