Shooting in Clapham

Another X report saying two blokes on a moped were being chased by the police. Came off the bike and started shooting with a shotgun.

Several factors, the main one being the weakness and f law and order. Respect for people , their property, no deterrent. Glamorisation of being a gang member, joke prison sentences, upbringing. Probably loads more.
Society today doesn’t seem to give a shit any more

I disagree that it’s going to the dogs. Yes this incident is horrendous but gun crime has fallen recently. I think society is more polarised definitely but must if us are probably safer than we ever been for most of human history.

It’s very easy to knee jerk when there’s 24/7 news coverage of mostly horrible events but we’ve always had that element of society among us. What’s disappointing is we haven’t advanced as much as a society to reduce ASB and disharmony as much as maybe we could have.

I disagree that it’s going to the dogs. Yes this incident is horrendous but gun crime has fallen recently. I think society is more polarised definitely but must if us are probably safer than we ever been for most of human history.

It’s very easy to knee jerk when there’s 24/7 news coverage of mostly horrible events but we’ve always had that element of society among us. What’s disappointing is we haven’t advanced as much as a society to reduce ASB and disharmony as much as maybe we could have.
Fuck me, you need to be careful - coming on here and talking sense like that 😉

Back