Shooting in a mosque in NZ...

I didn't know that, wise move by the PM.

The media are loving it. They're loving the fact they can stoke the fire and repeatedly print "right-wing" and "white supremacist" over and over again knowing that it'll create anger and tension towards conservatives and white people. It's EXACTLY what the fucker wanted. He's trolling the world.

So you’re worried that this sort of thing gives white nationalists a bad name?

I see you're still hurting from the other night.
It's like troll central this board now. The knackers have really taken over the asylum.
You’re the one feeling the need to state how tall you are to someone you don’t know you melt. What a rational, unemotional thing to do.

You’re the one feeling the need to state how tall you are to someone you don’t know you melt. What a rational, unemotional thing to do.
He said I was little I corrected him in a sarcastic way. If you don't understand that, that isn't my problem.
I treat idiots like you and frijj with the contempt you deserve.

Last edited:
Yes but how tall are you
He meant small as in insignificant that's his style of insult. I treat what he says with disdain, he's an argument junkie. He's done it in the past with loads on here it's boring now.
Look I can't be arsed to exchange insults it ruins the board. You came out with some shit about me the other day and later apologised. Great, I've forgiven you we move on. Today's another day.

He meant small as in insignificant that's his style of insult. I treat what he says with disdain, he's an argument junkie. He's done it in the past with loads on here it's boring now.
Look I can't be arsed to exchange insults it ruins the board. You came out with some shit about me the other day and later apologised. Great, I've forgiven you we move on. Today's another day.
Fair play mate, I can agree to move on

New Zealand is showing America how to respond to mass shootings.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on Thursday announced a national ban on all military-style semiautomatic weapons, all high-capacity ammunition magazines and all parts that allow weapons to be modified into the kinds of guns used to kill 50 people at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, last week.

“What we’re banning today are the things used in last Friday’s attack,” she said, adding: “It’s about all of us, it’s in the national interest and it’s about safety.”

New Zealand is showing America how to respond to mass shootings, the Washington Post writes

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on Thursday announced a national ban on all military-style semiautomatic weapons, all high-capacity ammunition magazines and all parts that allow weapons to be modified into the kinds of guns used to kill 50 people at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, last week.

“What we’re banning today are the things used in last Friday’s attack,” she said, adding: “It’s about all of us, it’s in the national interest and it’s about safety.”

New Zealand is showing America how to respond to mass shootings, the Washington Post writes

Australia did the exact same thing

if people want to hunt they still can with shotguns or bolt action hunting rifles, weapons designed for that exact purpose...nobody needs a 30 round semi auto small calibre rifle for hunting

So you’re worried that this sort of thing gives white nationalists a bad name?

No, as they deserve everything they get, but it can have unfortunate knock on effects. On Friday night a music festival was evacuated because a white person with tattoos was seen acting suspiciously. And now if a white person says anything negative about Islam they could be branded a racist. Not everybody agrees with the teachings of Islam, just like not everybody agrees with the teachings of Christianity.

Unfortunately the America that needs to take note is just not interested in changing. If they wont act when a heap of little kids are killed, a load of Muslims on the other side of the world is not going to change their minds. In the last week I have talked to a few Americans online, and to be honest its quite scary on much they love their SLR's.

Last edited:
Tarrant seems to have changed his pleas to guilty for some reason, I thought that he was going to make his trial into a terrorist showpiece event but it seems not. His victims' families seem divided over it, some want closure over what happened and some are happy that he's not dragging it out and were praying for him to make this decision.

Strange reversal, I wonder why?

Christchurch gunman pleads guilty to 51 murders

Tarrant seems to have changed his pleas to guilty for some reason, I thought that he was going to make his trial into a terrorist showpiece event but it seems not. His victims' families seem divided over it, some want closure over what happened and some are happy that he's not dragging it out and were praying for him to make this decision.

Strange reversal, I wonder why?

Christchurch gunman pleads guilty to 51 murders

Big surprise to most here .
Had expected him to use the trial ,to popularize his manifesto . Seems he was just a deranged phsyco after all .
Would think most of the effected families are glad that they will not be forced to sit through weeks of rehashing their loved ones deaths .
Hope he rots in jail for the rest of his life, preferably back in Australia .

She seems to be forgetting that she chaired the committee ,that made it possible to obtain a gun license on line .
Not a gun owner myself and can't see the reason to have an automatic firearm but these laws have been made in haste and are not going to solve the problems of unlawful firearms .

Last edited:
Big surprise to most here .
Had expected him to use the trial ,to popularize his manifesto . Seems he was just a deranged phsyco after all .
Would think most of the effected families are glad that they will not be forced to sit through weeks of rehashing their loved ones deaths .
Hope he rots in jail for the rest of his life, preferably back in Australia .

She seems to be forgetting that she chaired the committee ,that made it possible to obtain a gun license on line .
Not a gun owner myself and can't see the reason to have an automatic firearm but these laws have been made in haste and are not going to solve the problems of unlawful firearms .
I read somewhere online that not only were folk stockpiling groceries due to this Covid-19 epidemic but there had also been an increase in gun sales :eek:

I read somewhere online that not only were folk stockpiling groceries due to this Covid-19 epidemic but there had also been an increase in gun sales :eek:

Bit of false reporting Steve .
The Roar and Duck Shooting season is just around the corner ,so I expect it was people who have legal guns for sporting purposes making sure they had ammunition.
Not saying I agree with their thinking . Not sure what they don't get about the message to stay home .
No different to a bloke going fishing or surfing or sail boarding .
None of these are home based activities .
So they should do it right and stay home .
Keep safe mate ,don't believe all the crap from social media and our piss poor news sources .

Bit of false reporting Steve .
The Roar and Duck Shooting season is just around the corner ,so I expect it was people who have legal guns for sporting purposes making sure they had ammunition.
Not saying I agree with their thinking . Not sure what they don't get about the message to stay home .
No different to a bloke going fishing or surfing or sail boarding .
None of these are home based activities .
So they should do it right and stay home .
Keep safe mate ,don't believe all the crap from social media and our piss poor news sources .
Tbh Joe I'm sceptical of most things I hear or see in the media :D
Stay at home seems to fallen on deaf ears around these parts. 🤷‍♂️

How's things with you?

Tbh Joe I'm sceptical of most things I hear or see in the media :D
Stay at home seems to fallen on deaf ears around these parts. 🤷‍♂️

How's things with you?

So far Christchurch seems to be getting of lightly ,had to go to A&E yesterday evening and it was quiet . The roads were just about empty ,very few people out and about. Read about those tossers in Queenstown last night , not all were tourists.
My youngest son who is a civilian instructor at Woodburn airbase , is on call ,in case they are needed to go to work to replace air force personnel, who were on 12 Hour standby but that has been extended to 72 Hour standby now , meaning that police don't see the need for the armed services to be deployed at this stage .
The next 10 to 14 days should decide how well the lockdown has worked ,as the borders are now closed and if returning Kiwis self isolate responsibly ,the virus will be contained .
Our remoteness ,for once working in our favour . How we used to envy the ability of our relatives ,to hop across to Europe for a weekend . Not anymore .
Miss the sport ,the football especially, will be interesting to see what happens ,once Europe gets this pandemic under control .
Keep safe mate

Last edited:
So far Christchurch seems to be getting of lightly ,had to go to A&E yesterday evening and it was quiet . The roads were just about empty ,very few people out and about. Read about those tossers in Queenstown last night , not all were tourists.
My youngest son who is a civilian instructor at Woodburn airbase , is on call ,in case they are needed to go to work to replace air force personnel, who were on 12 Hour standby but that has been extended to 72 Hour standby now , meaning that police don't see the need for the armed services to be deployed at this stage .
The next 10 to 14 days should decide how well the lockdown has worked ,as the borders are now closed and if returning Kiwis self isolate responsibly ,the virus will be contained .
Our remoteness ,for once working in our favour . How we used to envy the ability of our relatives ,to hop across to Europe for a weekend . Not anymore .
Miss the sport ,the football especially, will be interesting to see what happens ,once Europe gets this pandemic under control .
Keep safe mate
Yeah just read that about Queenstown mate, it's crazy really!
Not having to watch league one football is a blessing, the depression has lifted for awhile but will return once things are back to normal. You take care and keep safe mate.

Good to see this despicable animal be told today he will never be freed. Although it’s hardly comfort to those affected by his horrendous actions.
The judge said he shot a 3 year old in the head whilst he clung to his Dad’s leg! I’d like to think his time inside is living hell, but it probably won’t be.

Any terrorist who targets innocent people, and brings misery/suffering/death to them for their own warped beliefs (far-right/left ISIS, IRA, etc..) should rot in jail.

Last edited:
Good to see this despicable animal be told today he will never be freed. Although it’s hardly comfort to those affected by his horrendous actions.
The judge said he shot a 3 year old in the head whilst he clung to his Dad’s leg! I’d like to think his time inside is living hell, but it probably won’t be.

Any terrorist who targets innocent people, and brings misery/suffering/death to them for their own warped beliefs (far-right/left ISIS, IRA, etc..) should rot in jail.
Hear hear, shame there is no death penalty for him though, I guess never being free will have to do.
No doubt the **** will be solitary, so the chances of big Mick bucking and shanking him to death will be slim.

Back