Shooting in a mosque in NZ...

Discussion in 'SMB' started by elder, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Dave Herbal

Dave Herbal Striker

Nightmares? Really. You see worse at the pictures.

2. Smartin

Smartin Winger

Well it’s a complete disregard for the value of human life, I can’t think what the wide spread horror of 49 people murdered in a community would have.

3. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Within reason aye. Like I can understand people being more emotionally involved in attacks where ever in the UK. But not when people are crying when an attack happens in Spain but not giving a shit when it's in Kenya. Well I can, its racism if truth be told.

This. I will be accused of being a WUM but I was expecting much much worse. Obviously its horrendous that you are witnessing people losing their lives but you don't actually see much other than people falling to the ground. Unless of course there's other videos.

Mind, the fact it's people being murdered it should be removed out of respect at the very least.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    The Muffin Man likes this.
  4. ajthemackem

ajthemackem Striker

I wouldn't go so far as that, I think it's bandied about a bit too freely.
    Subconscious racism? Possibly?
    I think in places such as Kenya, Westerners as a whole are pretty ignorant about countries that far afield and just assume things like that happen as a matter of course.

In my opinion like.

5. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Yep, subconscious is probably correct.

Even if they do happen frequently does that make it less of a tragedy?

6. CheersMarra84

CheersMarra84 Striker

I’ve seen some things mate, that I can’t unsee and that was one one of them.

dangermows likes this.
  7. gazc24

gazc24 Winger

We are all on a spinning rock in an infinite universe, living pointless short lives (in the long run) always looking at for something to fear and hate, why can’t we all just get along

8. It's like a post you'd read on here from our resident right wing nut jobs.

9. I think this bloke only got in because the other fella was disqualified. He got 19 votes apparently.

OohBaldyBally and The Muffin Man like this.
  10. sonson

sonson Striker

I remember when I told my dad that I was intending to marry my lass, who is mixed race. Amidst all his happiness I remember him saying that it was a bigger decision marrying someone who isn’t white because there would be certain places it wouldn’t be as safe/outright dangerous for us or any children we might have to live or visit etc. This was in 2007 and I just sort of laughed it off as overly protective and anxieties from a less kind era he knew.

12 years later and I’ve never been so scared for her, in Britain or anywhere else. If you’re white and don’t have non-white family or close community connections you can’t have any idea how terrifying this white supremacy is.

11. ajthemackem

ajthemackem Striker

Oh God, not at all. But I think we're very much thinking the same thing about shootings in the US these days, you know?

dangermows likes this.
  12. Keith S30S

Keith S30S Inside right Staff Member Contributor

Awful stuff. Nutters on both sides need routing out and jailing.

13. Lukas73

Lukas73 Winger

Lad at work had the whole thing on his phone....I caught the last minute...it was like watching a video game...I don’t think I’ll ever forget that...:confused:
    Those poor people....

CheersMarra84 likes this.
  14. The Muffin Man

The Muffin Man Midfield

Not for long I suspect, if he is allowed to stay in his job Australia is as fucked as America. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

100% this, all extremists need locking up

15. CheersMarra84

CheersMarra84 Striker

One of the young uns’ was watching it and saying out loud that it was horrendous, I was like ‘Why are you still watching it then?’....

Horrendous!

16. Aituk7

Aituk7 Winger

I'm certainly not doubting your statement but I have a mixed race family and I've never seen it anywhere.

Why are you so terrified?

17. Agree but the 'both sides' bit doesn't appear to be highlighted much with attacks from the 'other side'.

Charlie Chimp and The Muffin Man like this.
  18. Charlie Chimp

Charlie Chimp Central Defender

Doubt it mate.

Why the fuck are the media calling it a shooting rather than a terrorist attack? I think we all know the answer to that unfortunately. Only people who shout admiral Akbar get labeled as such apparently.

The Muffin Man likes this.
  19. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Midfield

I hadn’t seen the news this morning; so when I received the WhatsApp video, I just assumed it was a new video game or something. Utterly horrible

20. Boz33

Boz33 Winger

And that’s the stumbling block, any terrorists are equally abhorrent no matter race or creed so should be dealt with equally and severely

safcforever and Charlie Chimp like this.