Shocking debuts for the lads..

Lost 3-1. Totally abysmal, relegated after 90mins imo

mumba was like a boy lost v charlton as the over ran safc in that first half. Onien was no better.

the lad wanted debut performances, the above were abysmal
Mumbas debut was against wolves and he didn't play badly against Charlton at all. He certainly didn't look like a 16 year old kid accidentally playing mens football, which is what he in fact was.

Just been having a discussion with a mate around some forgotten players for the lads and got me thinking about some of the dodgy debuts some players have made for us.
Ian Watson young goalie v Burnley at Roker 3rd round replay I think. We had drew 1-1 away and the winners were due to play Liverpool away. 3-0 loss and don’t think the lad was picked again (could be wrong) More up to date could be Russell Anderson Wigan away.. enough said..anymore ?
For comedy value Milton Nunez

Kirchoff at Tottenham comes to mind first, disgustingly shit

And then he became unbelievable for a man made of cornflakes
Obviously he turned it around and went on to become one of our greatest players ever, but King Charlie’s debut was apparently awful.

Didn’t he quip that after losing his first game 6-0 and his second 5-0 that “at least we are improving”

Last edited:
Darius Kubiki conceded 2 pens in first two games!

Went on to almost get the record for appearences until Reidy dropped him. Later PR said he didint know about the record.

Angeleris full debut in the FA cup against Notts county. Got pasted by Jamal Campbell-Ryce (I think).
Remember actually being in for the players warming up that day, pretty much every player was doing keepy ups, he charges in like a concrete elephant and manages to boot it into the west stand.

Set up what was to come, he was awful that day.

Alec chamberlain let in 5 against derby. Granted what was in front of him was shit too but not great for a keeper. Steele and camp started badly too....... then got worse

Back