Shocking debuts for the lads..

Kirchoff for me, especially considering he was only brought on in the second half. Deflected a shot in and gave a penalty away.
Made himself look like a complete donkey :lol:
Played at CB though wasn't he? Why do our managers make a big thing like a debut a more difficult experience by playing lads out of position? It seems to happen more than it should here.

Nyron, rabbit in the headlights at his first game at the SOL.

My favourite bit was when he received a straightforward pass on the east stand touch line, had his leg lifted up and the ball rolls out for a thrown in.

Wtf have we signed here, thankfully he got better

Just been having a discussion with a mate around some forgotten players for the lads and got me thinking about some of the dodgy debuts some players have made for us.
Ian Watson young goalie v Burnley at Roker 3rd round replay I think. We had drew 1-1 away and the winners were due to play Liverpool away. 3-0 loss and don’t think the lad was picked again (could be wrong) More up to date could be Russell Anderson Wigan away.. enough said..anymore ?
Was at that game, f***ing freezing, seem to remember a chant of "Siddall where are you"? been sang in the Fullwell.

Last edited:
That`s the one I was thinking of. Went quite a way to redeem himself for the rest of the season though and looked class. Shame about the injuries.
I remember watching his debut and I could feel a vein about to burst out my neck I was that angry :lol: :lol: Everything he did seemed like he was on a wind up.

I remember watching his debut and I could feel a vein about to burst out my neck I was that angry :lol: :lol: Everything he did seemed like he was on a wind up.
It was like he`d won a raffle or something to be a Premier League footballer for the day or maybe he was Billy from Billy`s Boots (remember that cartoon??) and he left his magic boots on the bus by mistake :lol:

Back