Shocking debuts for the lads..

Tommy Lynch enough said
Was my first thought, I was a kid and thought who is this ginger knacker? absolutely abysmal.
Dunno how nobody has mentioned Milton Nunez yet. Looked like an 8 year old coming on for his primary school team debut
First time he played for us he actually looked decent (v Man Utd reserves) even won a header against someone about 18" taller than him! His premiership debut I think he played wide and looked totally lost but I suppose buy someone, play them out of position then bin them without another chance seems a very Sunderland thing to do tbh....

Last edited:
That’s what sprung to mind for me.
He was a kid who wasn't ready (especially for a rampant Man Utd!) bit different to hoying some kid in the deep end to actually buying players and finding out they don't know their arse from their elbow, we've also done this more times than I care to remember, after Lynch Gerry Harrison was another massive flop, didn't he have some debilitating disease or summat radged!?

Paul Williams had played a couple of games the previous season. I think he played at Exeter in the league cup and was meant to have been involved in some pissed up incident involving John Kay running along the tops of parked cars or something like that! But that match at Old Trafford was his top flight debut and it was a total disaster.

Dougie maguire

james lawrence

ian bowyer

loek ursem

milton Nunez

laslandes

john oster

tony cullen
Canny list this. Dougie McGuire (not Maguire this time - commonly misspelt on here). 1 game for us on loan from Celtic - gash! Eventually found his level at Queen of the South. I thought Jamie Lawrence & Laslandes showed a couple of canny touches on their debuts. Marcos Angeleri's first full start for us (Notts Co, FAC3 at SoL) was a sight to behold. Didn't look like he knew how to kick a ball & got roasted by their winger.

Rade Prica. Despite the goal it was abundantly clear he was never a footballer. Looked completely out of place even running on the the field.
Yeah, then went to Rosenborg and hit 57 in 104 games including European games. EPL to fast for him. Apart from us I think every club he was at he had a decent ratio.

Tommy Lynch actually had a half decent debut, away at Charlton in the Full Members Cup. Bally, by comparison, had a stinker. Drove from Portsmouth to Kilmarnock, and within 10 minutes he was so knackered that he forgot what to do for offside traps, leaving their striker with nobody within 10 yards of him. We lost.

Kirchoff for me, especially considering he was only brought on in the second half. Deflected a shot in and gave a penalty away.
Made himself look like a complete donkey :lol:

Nunez for me, looked like a 13yr old, chased all over head down.

saw him with his wife and kids in dues at the marina couple of nights later, they were like a family of seagulls couldn’t eat quick enough, if you put the four of them on each other’s shoulders they couldn’t get a Mayfair off the top shelf they were tiny.
No. His first touch was a beaut of a cross for SNQ to head to SKP for the killer goal in a 2-0 win v Southampton.
This, came on as a sub and looked the bollocks

Back