Shocking debuts for the lads..

Just been having a discussion with a mate around some forgotten players for the lads and got me thinking about some of the dodgy debuts some players have made for us.
Ian Watson young goalie v Burnley at Roker 3rd round replay I think. We had drew 1-1 away and the winners were due to play Liverpool away. 3-0 loss and don’t think the lad was picked again (could be wrong) More up to date could be Russell Anderson Wigan away.. enough said..anymore ?

Steve Hetzke
Alan Hay..

Last edited:
Mic Mac put a young kid in at Man U... I think called Williams... Hauled off at half time cos he got run ragged... That was it for him..... Think we got beat 5 nil in the end.. Might have got names mixed but it was definitely at Man U

Mic Mac put a young kid in at Man U... I think called Williams... Hauled off at half time cos he got run ragged... That was it for him..... Think we got beat 5 nil in the end.. Might have got names mixed but it was definitely at Man U
Against Man United or from Man United? We signed Mark Lynch from Man United who was utter shite but we definitely didn't get beat 5-0 when he played. Mick Mc's only game against Man United was a 3-1 defeat at the SOL, we played quite well though

Against Man United or from Man United? We signed Mark Lynch from Man United who was utter shite but we definitely didn't get beat 5-0 when he played. Mick Mc's only game against Man United was a 3-1 defeat at the SOL, we played quite well though
It was Paul Williams in 91 v Man u...Denis Smith was the manager and Lee Sharp tore him a new one

Back