Shithole Countries

If you’re a cleaner, or anyone on a low wage, then my point is you aren’t contributing, in a net position. Or at least that’s my understanding of it. That’s regardless of nationality or place of birth. My argument is, if someone from a non eu country applies to live in the UK and has no skills and/or doesn’t speak English, it’s obvious from the getgo that these people will not be net contributers or offer any real benefit to British society. On the balance of probabilities, they will be more likely to be a liability to society. Why are we letting them in?

That's capitalism for you. You have to keep the base of the pyramid broad.

Well he is probably saying what some people think.
I mean look at here, there are Somali and Kosovan gangs on our streets adhering to the same rules which applied in their own countries.

So it's 'crazy' to dislike people using the word 'shithole' describing some countries? Would you be happy if when your kid goes to school in Geography lessons the teacher goes "Ok kids, today we're going to look at shithole countries" ? He's dumbing diplomacy down, dumbing the world down and it's not a good thing.

As for this ridiculous 'screaming' lefties idea - look at most pictures of Trump's face contorted with aggression when he speaks and tell me who's screaming.

It's either screaming in aggression or scrunched up in sleaze

Well he is probably saying what some people think.
I mean look at here, there are Somali and Kosovan gangs on our streets adhering to the same rules which applied in their own countries.
So what?
Some people think the world is flat - would it be good if he said that?
Some people think Rafa is a great manager - would it be good if he said that?
Some people think taking heroin is cool - would it be good if he said that?

I don't understand the stigma towards latin Americans in the United States. Given Trump has recently been signalling out El Salvador, I've met quite a few people from here and I can honestly say they've been up amongst the most friendly, humble and welcoming people I've ever met. The country has suffered horrendously through civil war, economic ruin, crime and some of the highest rates of murder in the world, yet it doesn't rub off on the population as a whole. Nothing justifies that kind of diplomatic insult. Same with the other countries he mentioned.

Trump is just awful, the inward banner of "America First" combined with his extreme ego-centrism literally has produced a posture where he treats the rest of the world like shit and just expects them to blindly capitulate to American "interests". From imposing sweeping travel bans on entire nations with the view to target one religion, to threatening to destroy entire countries and bragging about nuclear war, walking out on worldwide climate change agreements, endorsing contemptuous fascist groups in his allied countries, trampling on the Middle East peace process and calling countries "shitholes". The list grows by the day. A horrible, opportunistic, clueless and narcissistic arsehole occupies the most powerful political office and diplomatic position in the world.

If this is good only because "it's what people are really thinking" as quoted and liked en masse above, then it only serves to stand just how morally bankrupt some areas of society have become... of course, more so in the states itself. I still cannot get my head around the fact he became the President.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the stigma towards latin Americans in the United States. Given Trump has recently been signalling out El Salvador, I've met quite a few people from here and I can honestly say they've been up amongst the most friendly and welcoming people I've ever met. The country has suffered horrendously through civil war, economic ruin, crime and some of the highest rates of murder in the world, yet it doesn't rub off on the population as a whole. Nothing justifies that kind of diplomatic insult. Same with the other countries he mentioned.

Trump is just awful, the inward banner of "America First" combined with his extreme ego-centrism literally has produced a posture where he treats the rest of the world like shit and just expects them to blindly capitulate to American "interests". From imposing sweeping travel bans on entire nations with the view to target one religion, to threatening to destroy entire countries and bragging about nuclear war, walking out on worldwide climate change agreements, endorsing contemptuous fascist groups in his allied countries, trampling on the Middle East peace process and calling countries "shitholes".

If this is good only because "it's what people are really thinking" as quoted and liked en masse above, then it only serves to stand just how morally bankrupt some areas of society have become... of course, more so in the states itself. I still cannot get my head around the fact he became the President.
Hard to think of anything more racist he could say than to call those countries shithole countries....unless he actually comes out and says "Yes I'm racist so what?" which I wouldn't put past him now. No doubt folk would just say "That's what some people are really thinking" to that too!

Hard to think of anything more racist he could say than to call those countries shithole countries....unless he actually comes out and says "Yes I'm racist so what?" which I wouldn't put past him now. No doubt folk would just say "That's what some people are really thinking" to that too!

It would be worse than that. People would say "Thank God, someone has the balls to say the truth, we don't need and don't want people from shit hole countries." He might as well, if he doesn't sort out the immigration he despises so much, demographic changes will likely mean this view will soon be consigned to the past.

I don't understand the stigma towards latin Americans in the United States. Given Trump has recently been signalling out El Salvador, I've met quite a few people from here and I can honestly say they've been up amongst the most friendly, humble and welcoming people I've ever met. The country has suffered horrendously through civil war, economic ruin, crime and some of the highest rates of murder in the world, yet it doesn't rub off on the population as a whole. Nothing justifies that kind of diplomatic insult. Same with the other countries he mentioned.

Trump is just awful, the inward banner of "America First" combined with his extreme ego-centrism literally has produced a posture where he treats the rest of the world like shit and just expects them to blindly capitulate to American "interests". From imposing sweeping travel bans on entire nations with the view to target one religion, to threatening to destroy entire countries and bragging about nuclear war, walking out on worldwide climate change agreements, endorsing contemptuous fascist groups in his allied countries, trampling on the Middle East peace process and calling countries "shitholes". The list grows by the day. A horrible, opportunistic, clueless and narcissistic arsehole occupies the most powerful political office and diplomatic position in the world.

I blame Thatcher.

Nah he's denied saying it apparantly. The monumental bell.

Even farage would have made a much less embarrassing statesman is this. It's incredible he gets away with it.

Back