Shit sleeping or insomniac

No matter what time I go to sleep, I usually wake up around 4 hours later, and am usually wide awake, long before the dawn.

I can sometimes sleep for longer, but only if I take a sleep aid tablet or a couple of paracetamol tablets, but I don't want to be reliant on them.

#metoo 😟
I’m one of those that avoids tablets if at all possible, have never taken a sleeping tablet.

I'll avoid them if possible, but sometimes I'll take a couple of paracetamol at bedtime, and they tend to give me a decent sleep of 6 hours.
I take an anti histamine, Piriton or similar once a week and get a solid 8-9 hours, otherwise I usually wake after 4-5 hours and never get back off making me grumpy and irritableduring the morning.

Awake again…. No matter what time I go to bed, whether I have a drink or not, whether I have a nap in chair or not , I still wake up really early. So annoying. Is that insomnia, or just a shit sleeping pattern, or do some people just need less sleep? Been like this as long as I can remember.
Have a look through some of stuff Colin Espie has done. He’s probably the top person in the UK when it comes to sleep and neuroscience.

Depending which NHS trust you fall under, you might get access to the Sleepio app. Sunderland doesn’t yet have it.

Awake again…. No matter what time I go to bed, whether I have a drink or not, whether I have a nap in chair or not , I still wake up really early. So annoying. Is that insomnia, or just a shit sleeping pattern, or do some people just need less sleep? Been like this as long as I can remember.
No you’re doing it wrong. “No matter what time I go to bed”.
What time do you go to bed like?You posted that at 3am on a Saturday. I’m never in bed at 3am on a Saturday.
If people struggle to lie in, try going to bed at 2am or later every work night and see how liking it takes you to slide over into sleep deficit and lie in til 12pm on a weekend.

Probs get about 7 hours a night til the dog comes and jumps on my chest and pats my face with his paw to wake me up. The loveable little scamp.

The bairn usually has a solid 12 hours the lazy gert. :lol:

Weed is your friend. ❤️👍

Been in the UK for 8 days and really struggled to get back into a normal sleeping pattern. Finally got up to 7 hours a night last night but heading back to Oz on Sunday so will go through it all again next week when I’m back at work. Happy days

Been struggling for most of the last 12 months. Like others have said, getting off to sleep is ususlly no problem but I tend to wake up 4 or 5 hours later and that's it, mind awake thinking about work and other stuff. Tried a few different things, medication, sleep apps etc.. But not really making much difference.

Can sympathise with anyone who is struggling.

Back