Shit sleeping or insomniac

Anthly

Central Defender
Awake again…. No matter what time I go to bed, whether I have a drink or not, whether I have a nap in chair or not , I still wake up really early. So annoying. Is that insomnia, or just a shit sleeping pattern, or do some people just need less sleep? Been like this as long as I can remember.

Awake again…. No matter what time I go to bed, whether I have a drink or not, whether I have a nap in chair or not , I still wake up really early. So annoying. Is that insomnia, or just a shit sleeping pattern, or do some people just need less sleep? Been like this as long as I can remember.

i'm the same and have been for a few month. got psoriatic arthritis which i've been struggling with since my medication started failing, currently on oral steroids which is making it even worse for sleeping. tend to cope better if i just nod off while sitting half upright on recliner if i gan to bed and go to sleep i struggle to get out of bed on the morning. at least there is an aussie women game on BT sport

I got up at 2-30 on my first day off in 9 days. Prepped the veg for tonight and been for a run already.

I can be similar, including the night just gone. Nodded off okay, but woke between 3:15 and 3:45 and felt like I was awake ages, then managed to get some more sleep before my alarm just went. I’m off down Millwall so the excitement of that might have something to do with it as it’s usually not that early I’d first wake up. Second bit of sleep I got must’ve been fairly deep to be fair because I had a canny vivid dream.

I’m the same every night, always have been, usually awake between 2-4am

I do the night feed with the baby absolutely no problem at all every night ‘cos I’ll be up anyway.

The problem is when the little’n wakes up at 5am wide awake like this morning and I’ve only managed 4 hours kip!!

I can be similar, including the night just gone. Nodded off okay, but woke between 3:15 and 3:45 and felt like I was awake ages, then managed to get some more sleep before my alarm just went. I’m off down Millwall so the excitement of that might have something to do with it as it’s usually not that early I’d first wake up. Second bit of sleep I got must’ve been fairly deep to be fair because I had a canny vivid dream.
...you can't leave us hanging there man! :lol:

If you have a fitbit you can track how your sleep patterns work and at least see what is going on.

I usually have my 'deep' sleep after falling asleep which lasts about an hour or so, and if I wake up shortly after that then it's difficult to get back to sleep because the body has done a lot of recovery.

I did use meditation apps for a while, and they have some methods for teaching you how to switch off enough to be able to get back to sleep (it's all about distracting your brain from thinking about stuff), which suggests things like focusing 100% on the air passing into your nostrils as you breathe, and surprisingly it works (for me anyway). I found myself getting distracted with thoughts, then going back to the breathing as soon as I realise I'd lost concentration, and before long I'm drifting off again.

Still, I've got a lot of sympathy with insomniacs, sleep is such an important part of our life and its really hard if you can't get enough rest.

Been awake for ages, stress of my job is meaning i’m struggling to relax. Will 100% give me health problems if I keep operating at my current levels of stress.

Get a toddler

Been the same for ages but have started using ear plugs even though I don't sleep in a noisy environment also having a bit CBD oil hour or so before bed and seems to be helping, still wake up some nights but managing to get back to sleep when I do.

Try getting up and watching a TV show, then go back to bed after an hour, I do that sometimes, I feel uncomfortable in bed tossing (ahem) and turning, so I get up for a while. When I go back to bed I manage to get another hour or so.

It’s absolutely imperative that I wake up at 3am, have a pee, and wander aimlessly around the house for an hour.

That's what I do when feeling shit. Apparently it's a sign of depression. Not being able to fall asleep more likely anxiety.
The missus was bad for that for ages. The treatment was sleep training. Get a smart thing to track your sleep. Calculate how much you are getting for a few nights. If it's four hours and you wake at 7 you have to stay up till 3 then go to bed. If you achieve 90% of the time you are in bed asleep for three or four days you add half and hour and repeat.
It was brutal but it did work for her

Back