Shit 'professional photographers'

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not sure you can quite judge it on equipment. A mate of mine does wedding photography (about 2-3 weddings each summer) and a bit of portraiture using a 60D and a 50D for the second shooter (me!) and he gets some fantastic results. It's definitely what you would call pro-quality wedding photography. Mind, he does have the business registered and it's all above board.

I saw a friend of a friend's wedding photographs recently and the photographer had literally HDRed the fuck out of everything. EVERYTHING! There were one or two nice poses but I would have been in tears if they were my wedding photographs.
Sorry mate, that wasn't meant as a slight.

Just that because of the availability of entry level SLR's and the great results you can get from them, lots of people who pick up a 500 quid camera and have a decent eye for a photo are off polluting the industry as self proclaimed professionals... and once they discover HDR, see below :lol:

A friend of mine had HDR wedding photos but I must admit, the togger in question didn't go nuts, and the effect from the clouds was quite striking. Still, I think it's a cheap trick

Last edited:
Don't know much about this sort of thing but is there not a professional body for photographers that has some kind of accreditation scheme? Most professions do so it would be odd if there isn't. You can practice many of them without the qualifications/accreditation, but at least it gives the customer some way of ascertaining the quality of the service they are likely to get.

Like a few folks here I have to say that HDR just doesn't do it for me, but I have a confession to make - I used HDR bracketed at + and - 1 stop on two of my most recent 360's :oops:

HDR1

HDR2

It is amazing the gulf between the best and worst "professional" photographers. The best produce some astounding images that us mortals can only aspire to, but the worst aren't even as good as an average amateur. How do they get away with it?

Signing in

:lol:

Like a few folks here I have to say that HDR just doesn't do it for me, but I have a confession to make - I used HDR bracketed at + and - 1 stop on two of my most recent 360's :oops:

HDR1

HDR2

It is amazing the gulf between the best and worst "professional" photographers. The best produce some astounding images that us mortals can only aspire to, but the worst aren't even as good as an average amateur. How do they get away with it?

I think there's a big difference between using to to bring out extra detail on the interior of a historical building and using it to create a nuclear holocaust effect.

HDR1

HDR2

No problem with that Roger, that is a technique used correctly. There is no practical reason to use HDR on a wedding photograph, it is just the photographer wanking off!

One of my Facebook friends has basically just decided to become a professional photographer, seemingly after being told by friends that her holiday photos on Facebook are nice (they're not).

She has had a logo designed (it is f***ing horrible, which suggests she doesn't have a creative bone in her body), and spent something like £20k on equipment (she gives daily updates).

Of that £20k, she doesn't seem to have bought any lenses other than the shit kit one stuck to the front of her consumer grade DSLR.

I have a lot of respect for the likes of Clyde who moves from hobbyist to professional in small steps. People who just launch themselves into it without any experience boil my piss. You may as well wake up one day and call yourself a professional ballerina.

UaeExile said:
Some awful ones amongst them, and the photo overlay background is shite

It's basically just a load of half naked girls, all in the same poses, on the same backdrop.

I don't know the first thing about photography but I know shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back