Ship wreck on Shields Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

went along today but the tide was too high, ended up playing with my big stopper along the pier

Nice that Paws. Went along early yesterday morning but just missed the tide :confused:
Got some half decent stuff off the pier though of the sunrise.

Nice that Paws. Went along early yesterday morning but just missed the tide :confused:
Got some half decent stuff off the pier though of the sunrise.

Tide listed as GMT, rather than BST?

They often are, quite annoying

Tide listed as GMT, rather than BST?

They often are, quite annoying

You're probably right there, I went down for sunset tonight and a few lads turned up a bit late, Wish I'd gone a bit earlier and had a pair of wellies!
Nearly lost my camera to the sea - just caught the tripod as it fell over with the waves and quicksand!

Is this still visible? Might take a mosey down this weekend

You're probably right there, I went down for sunset tonight and a few lads turned up a bit late, Wish I'd gone a bit earlier and had a pair of wellies!
Nearly lost my camera to the sea - just caught the tripod as it fell over with the waves and quicksand!

:lol:

Lost count of the stuff I've dropped in the dark

£500 Hydrogen alpha scope dropped on my garage floor, broken Etalon, sold it for £100 parts
Telescope slid off mount saddle onto the patio. Luckily a guide camera broke the fall - so £120 rather than £400 damage
Skylight filter from my Leica 50mm - put it on what I thought was a solid surface but was actually an empty 2" eyepiece holder on my mount - smashed to smithereens
EOS300D attached to a 90mm Maksutov telescope, wind blew it across the garden. Telescope fine after a recollimation, 300D had smashed LCD and bent frame (still worked like)

Plus countless other stuff that survived the fall - usually the polar-scope of my Astrotrac.

After the guide-cam v patio incident, I got the message and added accidental damage to the home insurance!

Surprised you didn't run into Andy m, but that moon is reflecting too much sunlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back