Ship wreck on Shields Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

At least they acknowledged you
Aye, I'm not fussed like.

I only asked to see it cause there was a Roseberry shot new on talk photography so thought it might be that. I must have added it to the journals flickr when I uploaded it, at least 6 weeks ago!

I didn't mean to sound patronising. It's just as amatuers and flickr we leaving ourselves open to abuse with our images. At least they printed your name under the image. I've read of stories of the likes of NEXT and other big companies just using images off the net willy nilly. If someone used mine and I found out I think I would be pleased and annoyed at the same time. The fact they wanted to use it but then the fact that they hadn't bothered to ask or acknowledge. Does that make sense.

the original

Logon or register to see this image

Roseberry Topping by oROSSo, on Flickr[DOUBLEPOST=1380093151][/DOUBLEPOST]
I didn't mean to sound patronising. It's just as amatuers and flickr we leaving ourselves open to abuse with our images. At least they printed your name under the image. I've read of stories of the likes of NEXT and other big companies just using images off the net willy nilly. If someone used mine and I found out I think I would be pleased and annoyed at the same time. The fact they wanted to use it but then the fact that they hadn't bothered to ask or acknowledge. Does that make sense.

yer ive just taken it as a compliment, I added it to their pool so I agreed for them to use it I guess.

Seems I must have put it on the journals flickr page which must give them rights to it. He's then cropped and squished it!

Knew nowt about it
Ah right, I thought they just aquired it and printed it!

Tis actually a canny compliment really. Well done mate.

Cheekier still in that they will sell prints of the photo to anyone who pays... even years later.

How does that work then? Assuming oROSSo isn't a Journal Photographer (it says beneath the photo, if you'd like to buy any pictures taken by a Journal Photographer), surely they can't just claim and sell someone else's work. Or will it be in the T&C's of their Flickr page? Wonder what would happen if you wrote to them and said you wanted the cash less a 10% handling fee that they can keep.

I have just had one of mine of Roker pier sunrise printed in the Journal last weekend. They did acknowledge it was mine and it was cropped heavily. I know it's a newspaper but the photograph looks bloody awful. They must get them from their Flickr group.
Not bothered about them using it but they could have done a better job with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back