Shiney Row Crash

I live on the new estate not far from there - Success Road is like a f***ing drag strip, especially on a weekend. I've seen them doing 65-70mph along there: idiots!

so they crashed, potentially killing their passenger, they reversed and drove off to abandon the car with their unconscious mate inside?

The driver deserves a long stretch behind bars.

Seen a lot of rips on Facebook the last hour for a lad from houghton/shiney way, guessing it’s him who was involved in this crash then. Rip

I pulled in and out of the road where the fence line ends not long before this happened, quite alarming really.

Officers investigating a fatal collision near Houghton-le-Spring have charged a man with causing death by careless driving.
Shortly after 11.30pm on February 16, a car was in collision with a garden fence on Kingston Mews, Philadelphia.
A short time after the initial collision, officers were called to Ross Lea, Shiney Row, and found a passenger with serious injuries to his abdomen.
Sadly, Michael Armstrong, 35, of Ryhope, died in hospital days later.
An investigation was launched into the circumstances surrounding the collision and how Michael came to sustain his injuries.
Police have now charged Christopher Sanderson, 34, of Claremont Drive, Shiney Row, with causing death by careless driving, causing death whilst driving uninsured, dangerous driving, failing to stop at scene of an accident, failing to report an accident and no insurance use.
He is due to appear before magistrates in South Tyneside on September 16.
Anyone with information that can assist with the ongoing investigation is asked to call 101 quoting reference 1393 160219 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111

6 f***ing months in jail. kill someone while driving like a twat, fuck off and leave them dying in the street and you get 6 months, disgusting,

Back