Shiney Row burning body murder pair get whole-life jail terms

McFail was really upset when the judge said that he was ".. an extremely violent man capable of monsterous behaviour.." and McFail being the sensitive soul he is shouted angrily "That's your personal opinion."

It must be really hurtful when you know that you are loved and admired by everyone and a nasty judge says something like that to you just because you slaughtered an innocent young lass without mercy as opposed to the elderly people that you and you mate usually batter to death. The judge just has to be in a minority of one on this one.

In truth the worthless wanker should be told it every day for the rest of his (hopefully) very miserable life.

McFail was really upset when the judge said that he was ".. an extremely violent man capable of monsterous behaviour.." and McFail being the sensitive soul he is shouted angrily "That's your personal opinion."

It must be really hurtful when you know that you are loved and admired by everyone and a nasty judge says something like that to you just because you slaughtered an innocent you lass without mercy as opposed to the elderly people that you and you mate usually batter to death. The judge just has to be in a minority of one on this one.

In truth the worthless wanker should be told it every day for the rest of his (hopefully) very miserable life.

Considering what that lass went through, that's an easy out for him.

It must be really hurtful when you know that you are loved and admired by everyone and a nasty judge says something like that to you just because you slaughtered an innocent young lass without mercy as opposed to the elderly people that you and you mate usually batter to death. The judge just has to be in a minority of one on this one.

I was following the trial live on the Chronicle site and tbh he was on a massive windup throughout. Would have been funny were it not for the seriousness of it all.

I always thought he was from Fencehouses, but someone not from the Peoples Republic of Houghton might say Houghton when meaning Fencehouses or Shiney. He's a born wrong'un, but I think his family were/are middle class by Houghton standards.

They met whilst serving life terms for murder.
f***ing shambles this country man. If you murder someone and get a life sentence it should be for life. This poor lass could be alive now (and her 2 kids could have a mam) if it wasn't for our pussywhipped approach to criminal justice.

Both of them previously killed pensioners after breaking into their homes and served 14 years. Fucks sake man.

When the death penalty was abolished, it was yet another one of those things where the political class were completely at odds with the general public.

All the political parties were in favour of abolition, but a large majority of the public were opposed.

The politicians assured everyone that in the absence of the death penalty, life will absolutely mean life. That didn't even last five minutes.

Now we have people previously sentenced to "life" sentences roaming free to join up with other people previously given "life" sentences to kill again and get another "life" sentence.

Last edited:
When the death penalty was abolished, it was yet another one of those things where the political class were completely at odds with the general public.

All the political parties were in favour of abolition, but a large majority of the public were opposed.

The politicians assured everyone that in the absence of the death penalty, life will absolutely mean life. That didn't even last five minutes.

Now we have people previously sentenced to "life" sentences roaming free to join up with other people previously given "life" sentences to kill again and get another "life" sentence.

It was changed due to a young lad with learning difficulties was hung for something he didn't do.

Went to Dubmire but I think he may have moved to the area at some point.
Yeah. I don't think he was there the first few years of primary school.

I always thought he was from Fencehouses, but someone not from the Peoples Republic of Houghton might say Houghton when meaning Fencehouses or Shiney. He's a born wrong'un, but I think his family were/are middle class by Houghton standards.

Definitely not from an affluent family. From memory he had a single parent mother who worked in a factory.

They came from somewhere else when he was about 8ish iirc.

Last edited:
Yeah. I don't think he was there the first few years of primary school.

Definitely not from an affluent family. From memory he had a single parent mother who worked in a factory.

They came from somewhere else when he was about 8ish iirc.
Maybe she's married well since. Or maybe I'm just misinformed.

I haven't set eyes on the horrible **** for 25 years, thankfully.

They've already broke into someones home and murdered someone. If you do that you should be locked up for the rest of your days. Our law is f***ing shite like.

I'm conflicted on the death penalty because of the abuse and overreachof the state with all laws. But I take your point. And there is no reason that life should not mean life. If you kill someone and there is no question the situation was your fault you shouldn't be allowed out of prison ever again.

Maybe she's married well since. Or maybe I'm just misinformed.

I haven't set eyes on the horrible **** for 25 years, thankfully.
I could be wrong mate, there could have been a dad on the scene but not that I remember. They lived in front Street so certainly not wealthy.

Same here. Haven't seen him since leaving school either. Were you in his year too?

That's where the crime was committed. Ones from Houghton, the other, Liverpool.

The other one was from Northern Ireland they moved him to a mainland prison after he got grief in prison over there for murdering a pensioner.

He met Unwin in prison here.

They dumped him with all other shite in Blackpool when he got out..

Empty vessel.

Any exposure to the family? They must be real 'uns if they live next door and the camera installed caught him. I think i'd cut-off anyone who burnt somebody on Christmas Eve/Day.

I went to school with his sister and was she was always a canny lass, nee bother to be honest.

Went to Dubmire but I think he may have moved to the area at some point.

I think they came to Dubmire when Unwin was about 7.... I seem to remember that was when his sister was in my class back then.

I could be wrong mate, there could have been a dad on the scene but not that I remember. They lived in front Street so certainly not wealthy.

Same here. Haven't seen him since leaving school either. Were you in his year too?
Aye. A vintage year for criminals, even for Kepier.

I wonder if whoever made the decision to free those two after serving their previous very short sentences has any sleepless nights over that girls death. Nah, of course they wont.

Back