Shell Energy Broadband .....anyone a customer....

Their reviews seem to be universally s**t:

If you just want broadband but no phone package, Zen would be my choice:

If you want phone as well, EE have some good deals:

I'd give it a miss like.

Previous tenant in my old house was with them. Rates were espensive as owt and I'm sure everytime I rang up for final bill disputes I got put through to Latvia or somewhere.

Oh, and avoid AVRO like the plague. Might be cheap but good luck getting any refunds / having any control over your account. Customer service also clearly pick and choose what they respond to.

I'd give it a miss like.

Previous tenant in my old house was with them. Rates were espensive as owt and I'm sure everytime I rang up for final bill disputes I got put through to Latvia or somewhere.

Oh, and avoid AVRO like the plague. Might be cheap but good luck getting any refunds / having any control over your account. Customer service also clearly pick and choose what they respond to.

I'll second that for AVRO anarl, probably the worst I've been with.

Avro was alright for me, was in credit at the end and paid up quickly.

With Shell at the minute and again fine, their app is canny, though will be switching to a new provider next month so will see if they're any good at paying the credit back quickly!

That doesn't sound good for me, I've just swapped last week to PFP (they at least emaild to say their call centre was having bother and it would take longer to get through) so looks like I will have bother getting any balance back, they ignored emails from me at least 3 times.

Avro was alright for me, was in credit at the end and paid up quickly.

With Shell at the minute and again fine, their app is canny, though will be switching to a new provider next month so will see if they're any good at paying the credit back quickly!

How quickly after your final statement was your refund mate?

Shell have just whacked my DD up from 38 pm to 114 so I'll be saying ta-ra to them in Nov. hopefully they'll cough up what they owe quicker than Avro, who I took to OFGEM to pay up. Should be legislation in place to guarantee any payback within a fortnight or the amount goes up say a tenner a day. I got an extra 30 quid out of them courtesy of OFGEM, took 2 months after I left to get them to cough up.

Shell have just whacked my DD up from 38 pm to 114 so I'll be saying ta-ra to them in Nov. hopefully they'll cough up what they owe quicker than Avro, who I took to OFGEM to pay up. Should be legislation in place to guarantee any payback within a fortnight or the amount goes up say a tenner a day. I got an extra 30 quid out of them courtesy of OFGEM, took 2 months after I left to get them to cough up.

Are you submitting meter readings to shell? If so then theyve upped your dd as you're using a lot more than what you're paying for. If not then get onto them and get them to change it back.

With regards to AVRO, did you go to ofgem straight away or did you have to wait 8 weeks after complaint like you have to with the ombudsman?

Are you submitting meter readings to shell? If so then theyve upped your dd as you're using a lot more than what you're paying for. If not then get onto them and get them to change it back.

With regards to AVRO, did you go to ofgem straight away or did you have to wait 8 weeks after complaint like you have to with the ombudsman?
Can't recall tbh marra, they were a couple of suppliers ago. I was emailing / phoning Avro weekly, got sick of the prevaricating and did OFGEM online, gave me a case ref. and as I say they got it sorted plus 30 quid within a few weeks. Start of November is my annual switch date, they paid up in January.

Back