Sheffield Wednesday season ticket scheme

Mags tried something like this and then renaged on it didnt they?

Edit - or was theirs more of a bond scheme?
Looks like a good deal to me.
Season ticket for sheff Wed for £640 per season? Ours are nowhere near that price.

Last edited:

Season ticket for sheff Wed for £640 per season? Ours are nowhere near that price.
Not quite how it works from reading about it. Ticket is valid until either 2035 or 10 years after first promotion to Premier League, whichever is the longer.
So worst case for a fan is promotion this season followed by relegation which would mean 1 season of Premier League and 14 seasons out of Premier League for £426.67 per season for best seats.
If it takes another 15 years to get promoted and then they avoid relegation then they would get 10 years of Premier League and 15 years out of Premier League for £256 per season for best seats.

Cheapest ticket works out about £300 a year over 15 year.

If they don't get to the Premier League in ten year or whatever they'll have a section of the ground bringing in no income cos they cashed in and wasted it.

Short term thinking looking to get round financial fair play, just like selling their ground.
Yeah, seems mental tbh. Frightening what clubs are willing to do in an attempt to reach the perceived holy grail like.

Cheapest ticket works out about £300 a year over 15 year.

If they don't get to the Premier League in ten year or whatever they'll have a section of the ground bringing in no income cos they cashed in and wasted it.

Short term thinking looking to get round financial fair play, just like selling their ground.
Not sure it’s really a financial game changer, I think it’s part of their strategy to stabilise crowds longer term. If they sold 200 of the most expensive tickets it’s only going to bring in £1.2m so hardly game changing. They already sell 3 and 5 year tickets so I guess this is a natural extension.
Blatant profiteering considering their ground holds 40,000 and they havent averaged over 30000 since the 1960s.
How do you see it as profiteering? You can buy a ticket that will cover you for the next 15 years for £6,400. The same ticket will cost you £640 next season, so even if there is no increase for the next 15 years you would save £3,200. If you know that you’ll be buying your same ticket for the next 15 years and you can afford to do it now, then it’s a great deal.

Last edited:
How do you see it as profiteering? You can buy a ticket that will cover you for the next 15 years for £6,400. The same ticket will cost you £640 next season, so even if there is no increase for the next 15 years you would save £3,200. If you know that you’ll be buying your same ticket for the next 15 years and you can afford to do it now, then it’s a great deal.
And those figures don’t factor in the rise of costs due to inflation.

Ours have always been at the lower end. It surprised me how low it was when we were in the PL. I often think if we would have the home support we still do if our season cards went up to that sort of level

Ours have always been at the lower end. It surprised me how low it was when we were in the PL. I often think if we would have the home support we still do if our season cards went up to that sort of level
Last PL season I had a season card for was 2012/13, think it was £375 up in the premier concourse. Near the front of the South Stand / South East now and it's about £330 for me and two kids. Considering the gulf in what you get to watch them Premier League prices were decent.

£455 for the cheapest according to that link
Not sure it’s really a financial game changer, I think it’s part of their strategy to stabilise crowds longer term. If they sold 200 of the most expensive tickets it’s only going to bring in £1.2m so hardly game changing. They already sell 3 and 5 year tickets so I guess this is a natural extension.

There’s a chance the ticket prices will increase in coming years, so even more saved

Last edited:

Back