Sheffield United v The Mouthbreathers.

Benitez absolutley shafted you, I don't know a mag who thought you'd stay up once Bruce came in. Maybe you lot should be thanking Ashley for getting rid of him. He was clearly holding you back

Left for the money etc big deal , you sound so happy that we are doing well, f***ing weird man, would you really not just want us relegated and in turmoil? You seem more happy to see Bruce do better than Rafa so you can go nah nah nah see he wasn’t that good :lol: It’s f***ing bizarre.

Left for the money etc big deal , you sound so happy that we are doing well, f***ing weird man, would you really not just want us relegated and in turmoil? You seem more happy to see Bruce do better than Rafa so you can go nah nah nah see he wasn’t that good :lol: It’s f***ing bizarre.

Said if before, there’s some weird setup on here now that is actively cheering Bruce and Newcastle wins so that they can be proved right about Benitez.

All of this dickwaving is also a bit premature considering there’s also a common consensus on here that Bruce’s results usually go to shit in the second half of the season.

Keep your powder dry lads.

What I'm looking forward to is Bruce going on his usual 16 game winless run starting in January & you lot acting like spoilt kids again,

Agreed. I think the ref would have blown if Shelvey was in a wider position with a defender able/willing to choose him down. His immediate reaction was to blow when the flag went up, but he then saw how good a one on one it was off a marginal call (he didn't know whether it was on or off but instinct was probably to trust the assistant at that point).

If the chance isn't great and he stops it then no one knows the outcome - if the call is proved wrong on TV replay there's not much grumbling. In this case the chance was just too good and therefore the risk to great to blow and then be proved wrong.

Assistant was wrong to flag, defenders and keeper wrong to stop, ref and VAR use were spot on.
Can't fault that.

Said if before, there’s some weird setup on here now that is actively cheering Bruce and Newcastle wins so that they can be proved right about Benitez.

All of this dickwaving is also a bit premature considering there’s also a common consensus on here that Bruce’s results usually go to shit in the second half of the season.

Keep your powder dry lads.
Same as your lot hoping Bruce does shit so you can keep the "Rafa was a miracle worker" myth alive.

Yeah, that’s not the reason in my experience. Feel free to keep on thinking that though to keep up the confirmation bias.

Last edited:
Are we discounting his first season when he finished 18th ?
His points per game ratio that season was better than Allardyces but there's no doubt he didn't do enough to keep them up. That said we should then also include coming straight back up and finishing Champions.

Benitez absolutley shafted you, I don't know a mag who thought you'd stay up once Bruce came in. Maybe you lot should be thanking Ashley for getting rid of him. He was clearly holding you back
Bookies were pretty confident we'd strugle as well mind you. Most pundits had us in or around the relegation spots in their season predictions, and I'm sure some fans on here expected similar.

I wouldn't worry about it if I was you, Bruce is well known for his sides sliding in the second half of the season.

Back