Sheff Wed - League Cup

Absolute morons man, season card holders should be able to pick their seats .

I think what it is the seats are almost seen as sacred home ground only to be walked on by you. Nobody else should have to walk in it and you should not have to be moved somewhere else. I am not easy with the idea of losing ones seat and having to go to a new area of the ground or with the idea someone else has my seat. But we must look at the larger picture. The Stadium of Light is for SUNDERLAND SUPPORTERS. It is for ALL of us. Who cares if the seat you get isn't where your used to? I have just bought a pretty good seat in the U5 section in row 6 in a very central area.

I think what it is the seats are almost seen as sacred home ground only to be walked on by you. Nobody else should have to walk in it and you should not have to be moved somewhere else. I am not easy with the idea of losing ones seat and having to go to a new area of the ground or with the idea someone else has my seat. But we must look at the larger picture. The Stadium of Light is for SUNDERLAND SUPPORTERS. It is for ALL of us. Who cares if the seat you get isn't where your used to? I have just bought a pretty good seat in the U5 section in row 6 in a very central area.
Stupid comment to make . You pay for a season card so aye technically it’s your seat . You should be given the option to sit in your seat that you pay for.

Stupid comment to make . You pay for a season card so aye technically it’s your seat . You should be given the option to sit in your seat that you pay for.

Is it? Tried saying that look where that got me. So I changed my view. I said I wanted to secure my seat because I believe..or now believed..that is MY seat which I paid for back in April. For ALL games at ALL times. But that was wrong with people citing the view it is closed to same money, so I changed it to a more open minded one. I thought it best to go along with others.

I remember a time that I got into the Roker End and someone was standing in the spot I usually stood in. I turned round and walked out and wrote a stern letter to Tom Cowie. I had the last laugh though: we got beat that day.

Is it? Tried saying that look where that got me. So I changed my view. I said I wanted to secure my seat because I believe..or now believed..that is MY seat which I paid for back in April. For ALL games at ALL times. But that was wrong with people citing the view it is closed to same money, so I changed it to a more open minded one. I thought it best to go along with others.

Your season ticket only covers league games, not cup games. So it's not necessarily yours at ALL times is it dopey?

Nah mate stick to your guns , our seats we should have option of sitting there , money saving option or not like

Your season card only guarantees you a specific seat for league games. Surprising that so many people don't know this.

Yes but for decades season card holders and ticket holders at Roker we’re given priority for their existing seat before general sale for cup matches. I can see why people might be disappointed but I’ve just bought a ticket in the East Stand and will be going.

Wonder where the Sheff Wed fans will be?

Might be tempted to move them down to the South Stand for this one, completely close the top tier and have home fans in North/East stands

Yes but for decades season card holders and ticket holders at Roker we’re given priority for their existing seat before general sale for cup matches. I can see why people might be disappointed but I’ve just bought a ticket in the East Stand and will be going.

Aye I’ve done the same. Didn’t realise the north was open but the east is easier for the old eyes!

Whether people agree with this idea or not, what’s literally happening is that people are turning up to the ticket office and asking for their seat. When they are refused, rather than buy tickets somewhere else, they suggest they will come back when their seat is on sale. So looking at it from purely a financial point of view, it seems a mistake.

Seems bizarre to me like but I'll probably buy one just to add to me points.

If it's cos the club are worried about how empty seats will look on the telly that's canny pathetic I think.

Back