Sheff Utd fans

Good bunch of loyal fans.
I remember years ago, probably back in the 70's. We were playing them at Roker, they almost filled the Roker End that day.
Massive turnout.
Had a few run ins with them but prefer them to Wednesday by a mile, sound bunch. First couple of lads holidays back in the early 90s in Ibiza and Magaluf, we had Blades on the the same floor as us in the hotel, proper mental heads, brilliant crack on the drink.

FTM

Yes. I was not at Wrexham but I understand that our fans thought the late turnaround in the game had cliched promotion. They swarmed on the pitch in celebratory mood before finding out Stoke had scored a late goal at Meadow Lane. Even then the agony was not over. We waited until the following Friday hoping against hope that Burnley would deprive Palace. But an incredible 51000 turned up at selhurst Park to see Palace win two nil

Yeah forgot about the Palace bit at later date. Is there still not a DISLIKE button ?
I sat in the Sheff U main satnd when we lost 2-1 in the play offs. Got a weird look at one point. At the 4-0 win, I was in their seats, inadvertently with what appeared to be their lads :/ Sunderland not only had the top and bottom of the away end, but we had part of the main stand too. Prob about 1000 extra tickets in there. The Sheff U lot were not happy at all.

Last edited:
Yeah forgot about the Palace bit at later date. Is there still not a DISLIKE button ?
I sat in the Sheff U main satnd when we lost 2-1 in the play offs. Got a weird look at one point. At the 4-0 win, I was in their seats, inadvertently with what appeared to be their lads :/ Sunderland not only had the top and bottom of the away end, but we had part of the main stand too. Prob about 1000 extra tickets in there. The Sheff U lot were not happy at all.
I remember sitting in the stand back in 1984 at Hillsborough where the players come out. We came back from two down. Our lot were packed on the Leppings Lane terracing. The Wed fans around me were amazed at the noise. In those old first div days we would get 15000 or less for home games but take huge numbers away

Saw Sheffield United play at Darlington in the old Division 4. It was their last match of the 1981/82 season and The Blades went up as Champions. They brought around 10,000 (Darlo supporters were probably outnumbered 4-1). Many of the United lot were in fancy dress and it was a carnival atmosphere. There were pitch invasions, dozens of fans up the floodlights etc. Sadly, won't see the likes of that again at an English football stadium!

I remember the 6-2 win ...wasn't it ? 3-2 defeat at their place when Alex Sabella was man of the match for them. Rowell blue umbro away shirt era. The 3-2 was one of the main games on Match of the Day.

was at that 3-2 defeat late 70’s? one of our fans wanted to fight me outside the ground before the match he thought I was a Sheffield fan. After I explained I wasn’t he told me to fuck off, never forget it and it seems like yesterday, probably someone off here the bastard
Yes. I was not at Wrexham but I understand that our fans thought the late turnaround in the game had cliched promotion. They swarmed on the pitch in celebratory mood before finding out Stoke had scored a late goal at Meadow Lane. Even then the agony was not over. We waited until the following Friday hoping against hope that Burnley would deprive Palace. But an incredible 51000 turned up at selhurst Park to see Palace win two nil

after suffering the wrexham game I went to that palace game. I really thought Burnley could beat them, was terrible when Palace scored!

Last edited:
Stadium was like a mortuary most the time they were in league 1, though not as bad as Hillsborough is even when Owls doing OK in the Champ.

Not saying they're bad fans or owt, they're ace and the few hundred that'll never stop singing are funny fuckers, but 5 years ago Blades games used to make me dread what our place could get like if it all went tits up.

I went to a night match in the 90s at Hillsborough with my daughter and son. Parked up they had our shirts on under coats. I had no colours. Walking down the hill towards their end and some of their lads got behind us and deliberately tripped me up from behind.
I said nowt. Their language was terrible and then it happened again. I stopped and pointed out I was with my kids. I was immediately punched infront of my kids. What do you do ?
Fight back ?
I woukd love to meet that bastard again. Without my kids being there.
Wednesday scum.
Disgusting mate

I don't have much time for the blades fans. They attacked the Rendevous pub in there town centre the night before we played Norwich in 1992. One lad lost the site in one eye due to flying glass.

was at that 3-2 defeat late 70’s? one of our fans wanted to fight me outside the ground before the match he thought I was a Sheffield fan. After I explained I wasn’t he told me to fuck off, never forget it and it seems like yesterday, probably someone off here the bastard

after suffering the wrexham game I went to that palace game. I really thought Burnley could beat them, was terrible when Palace scored!
Well done ! You must have been optimistic in those days before Sunderland knocked it out of you. The saving grace was of course the following season when we had a massive night at Roker for the West Ham game. Selhurst Park must have been packed out. Palace were touted as the team of the eighties and were fashionabke for a year or so

Back