Sheepfolds development

Looks brilliant. When was the last time Sunderland had this amount of positive development going on at once? Seems every month there's something else being announced. The council have done an excellent job of attracting private development into the city.

What I'd like to see here (or somewhere else in the city, Jacky Whites would be ideal for this actually), is a modern food court. I was in Warrington recently and they have redeveloped their old shit indoor market into a street food market and it was heaving. Been a massive hit. Still reckon the future of vacant department stores and big retail units will be experience based land uses like that.
I’d like a new build where crowtree was or in Holmeside, when Passion and the old Market get knocked down, to become a food court. Can have a good mix of established chain restaurants and independent.

Looks brilliant. When was the last time Sunderland had this amount of positive development going on at once? Seems every month there's something else being announced. The council have done an excellent job of attracting private development into the city.

What I'd like to see here (or somewhere else in the city, Jacky Whites would be ideal for this actually), is a modern food court. I was in Warrington recently and they have redeveloped their old shit indoor market into a street food market and it was heaving. Been a massive hit. Still reckon the future of vacant department stores and big retail units will be experience based land uses like that.
Something like the granger market in Newcastle would be great

For a full day for snowboarding from never being on a board to being able to do the basics and go on the big slope its £149 and its a full day with lunch/equipment included. My mates doing it in 2 weeks so I'm just getting the day pass which is £50 with ski/boot hire included. Probably cost £300 to go from never standing on a board to being able to go on holiday and enjoying it though so not the greatest expense as that would be 2 full days of courses.
It’s something that’s been on my list for a long long time but just never got around to. I wonder if it’s too late for a 42 year old fat duffer to attempt without dying??

It’s something that’s been on my list for a long long time but just never got around to. I wonder if it’s too late for a 42 year old fat duffer to attempt without dying??
Never too old to learn, if you are not wanting to go away this season I'd wait till Summer though and go during the week as its not as busy.

You just have to accept that you will fall (a hell of a lot if boarding over skiing) but everyone there has had to go through that phase and everyone still falls. It's a good laugh and I wish more of my mates done it to be honest.

Don’t know to post photos tbh.

Link -
The actual comment is a reply to this -

All promises before the upcoming election how many will be followed through after election

The comment I’m referring to is this -

Sue Park if the council actually did something different to other cities which would draw in new people then they might stand a chance. Unfortunately all that is happening is we are becoming like any other city but on a smaller scale. We used to be unique with department stores, Vaux and an ice skating rink, now we have the same chains as any other city and it’s boring. Get some boutique style shops, independent restaurants or even a museum on our shipping and welding heritage- after all Sunderland made the first riviot, something unique to Sunderland…. They really need to start thinking out the box. For me I’d love to see a statue of the horses pulling the vaux dray such a significant part of our culture completely wiped out and forgotten

Classic.

😂😂

Good read about the area on RR

Here's the one in Edinburgh:

It's spot on and Jackie Whites would be perfect.

nee decent pubs in Roker Avenue. The Red Lion used to be canny. The Avenue (just off Roker Ave) is topper.
Nonsense, the albions alreet but always deed, red lion been gone 25 years? Fran n Mark last to have it?
Premier club was the best, gone about 17 yrs?

Back