Sheepfolds development

Someone has tried and failed just down the road.
I think that would be too close to Castleford tbh, for the North East its either Yorkshire or Glasgow (just outside) for the nearest one.

Just think it would be popular and we could have built a multi sports facility, obviously not now with the position of Beacon of Light, but if that was all on the other side of the stadium we could have had outdoor/indoor pitches and indoor ski with a catchment area of Northumberland to North Yorkshire.

The plans do look good though and better than we currently have so not a bad thing.

I think that would be too close to Castleford tbh, for the North East its either Yorkshire or Glasgow (just outside) for the nearest one.

Just think it would be popular and we could have built a multi sports facility, obviously not now with the position of Beacon of Light, but if that was all on the other side of the stadium we could have had outdoor/indoor pitches and indoor ski with a catchment area of Northumberland to North Yorkshire.

The plans do look good though and better than we currently have so not a bad thing.
Whats the cost for the castleford one? I used to do some work at the offices over the other side of the railway from there so know the area pretty well and always fancied a bash at some snow boarding - learnt to ski at silksworth so i know how much that surface knacks when you fall over!

Whats the cost for the castleford one? I used to do some work at the offices over the other side of the railway from there so know the area pretty well and always fancied a bash at some snow boarding - learnt to ski at silksworth so i know how much that surface knacks when you fall over!
For a full day for snowboarding from never being on a board to being able to do the basics and go on the big slope its £149 and its a full day with lunch/equipment included. My mates doing it in 2 weeks so I'm just getting the day pass which is £50 with ski/boot hire included. Probably cost £300 to go from never standing on a board to being able to go on holiday and enjoying it though so not the greatest expense as that would be 2 full days of courses.

Needs a link or at the very least a screenshot
Don’t know to post photos tbh.

Link -
The actual comment is a reply to this -

All promises before the upcoming election how many will be followed through after election

The comment I’m referring to is this -

Sue Park if the council actually did something different to other cities which would draw in new people then they might stand a chance. Unfortunately all that is happening is we are becoming like any other city but on a smaller scale. We used to be unique with department stores, Vaux and an ice skating rink, now we have the same chains as any other city and it’s boring. Get some boutique style shops, independent restaurants or even a museum on our shipping and welding heritage- after all Sunderland made the first riviot, something unique to Sunderland…. They really need to start thinking out the box. For me I’d love to see a statue of the horses pulling the vaux dray such a significant part of our culture completely wiped out and forgotten

Link -

All promises before the upcoming election how many will be followed through after election

Sue Park if the council actually did something different to other cities which would draw in new people then they might stand a chance. Unfortunately all that is happening is we are becoming like any other city but on a smaller scale. We used to be unique with department stores, Vaux and an ice skating rink, now we have the same chains as any other city and it’s boring. Get some boutique style shops, independent restaurants or even a museum on our shipping and welding heritage- after all Sunderland made the first riviot, something unique to Sunderland…. They really need to start thinking out the box. For me I’d love to see a statue of the horses pulling the vaux dray such a significant part of our culture completely wiped out and forgotten
oh dear...oh dear oh dear oh dear

Link -

I'm proud of the fact that we're the only city to ever have department stores, an ice rink and a brewery. Disappointing that they've knocked down the museum as well.

Link -

I assume that’s mrs @dcl0sc

Link -

Then later reveals she's never been down the town for years. So no surprise that's she moaning about somewhere she doesn't even go to. Just like the rest of them

Where exactly was that meant to be built?

Glad it didn’t happen tbh, much prefer the baths, hotel & Beam developments. Plus what’s to come with the esports, the learning centre thing and this Stables development that’s been announced.

It was on the former Doyle scrap yard (behind ALS building) where the construction academy is going. Used to be the site of the sidings for the railway I believe.

Its extremely basic and the material used is basically a stiff brush, so if you fall it can really hurt, Castleford uses fake snow, a mix of water and some fancy chemical that creates a circular snowflake. Makes learning much easier for numerous reasons including less pain when you fall for the 10th time.

Also snowzone type set ups are inside so doesn't matter the weather outside, might sound stupid but even though its cold in Castleford you never really feel freezing whereas if you are outside with a wind it gets pretty painful quickly.

The difference is like playing a game of football on a school yard compared to a good 3g pitch.
Sorry, I was being facetious. As a seasoned snowboarder I hear you with the falling over bit.

Then later reveals she's never been down the town for years. So no surprise that's she moaning about somewhere she doesn't even go to. Just like the rest of them
Morons. FB is full of arses like that. Moan about something they don't make use.

Looks brilliant. When was the last time Sunderland had this amount of positive development going on at once? Seems every month there's something else being announced. The council have done an excellent job of attracting private development into the city.

What I'd like to see here (or somewhere else in the city, Jacky Whites would be ideal for this actually), is a modern food court. I was in Warrington recently and they have redeveloped their old shit indoor market into a street food market and it was heaving. Been a massive hit. Still reckon the future of vacant department stores and big retail units will be experience based land uses like that.

Back