Sheepfolds development

No, the master plan that covers the whole Vaux and sheepfolds area. Haven't you read it? It's canny good.
I don't read anything Sunderland council puts out now as it's usually pie in the sky. It consists of a lot of delusions of grandeur, bullshit and involves expensive models that never come off.

I don't read anything Sunderland council puts out now as it's usually pie in the sky. It consists of a lot of delusions of grandeur, bullshit and involves expensive models that never come off.

Not sure why you think that as it's the final approved plan and it's doing what it says.

Pessimists, cynic, glass half empty kind of bloke.
Nope, passionate about where I come from, love the place and just want the best for Sunderland. I've been left disappointed by the failures and lack of vision by our illustrious council leaders.

I'll be the first to say well done if they actually do something of note, something to improve our lives and make us go wowwwwwwwwww, but they never do. It's just bullshit and token gestures, to pull the wool over the locals eyes and cling onto power.

I'm by no means advocating Tory control, but maybe that's what it could take, to shock them, kick them reet up the arse and get them to really focus to produce the goods.

This development is nice and will be a lovely addition to the area, but it's not got any wow factor. Though I am positive about it.

Nope, passionate about where I come from, love the place and just want the best for Sunderland. I've been left disappointed by the failures and lack of vision by our illustrious council leaders.

I'll be the first to say well done if they actually do something of note, something to improve our lives and make us go wowwwwwwwwww, but they never do. It's just bullshit and token gestures, to pull the wool over the locals eyes and cling onto power.

I'm by no means advocating Tory control, but maybe that's what it could take, to shock them, kick them reet up the arse and get them to really focus to produce the goods.

This development is nice and will be a lovely addition to the area, but it's not got any wow factor. Though I am positive about it.
You follow the Sunderland corruption faceboook page, don't you? I bet you follow that Pallion shipyard page as well, just for good measure.

I bet your're on there claiming to love Sunderland but always calling the place a shit hole etc. and going on about "brown envelopes".

You absolutely will not be the first.:lol:

You follow the Sunderland corruption faceboook page, don't you? I bet you follow that Pallion shipyard page as well, just for good measure.

I bet your're on there claiming to love Sunderland but always calling the place a shit hole etc.
Errrrrrrr no. 🤷‍♂️ I hope this answers all of the question you require today?

What would you like to see?

The regeneration of the Sea Front has been great, busiest it’s ever been in our lifetimes. New hotels going up in the centre and a cultural hub that is growing. Sheepfolds and nee access roads to make it easier to get into and out of the city with lots of new houses to go with it. They’ve brought events such as tall ships etc. and have a great air show (most years).

I agree more could be done and it could be done quicker (and should’ve been done 20 years ago) but you can’t knock the current endeavour.

All of this requires private investment which seems to be coming through. It must take some convincing to set up in Sunderland.

Last edited:

Out of interest what would you deem to be a wow factor development?

Back