Sheepfolds development

Be class that like. I walk back to town that way past it from the South Stand to St Peter’s and always thought it looked like a good building to make use of.

Just waiting for the usual negativity from the usual suspects to crop up on the Facebook pages.

'Brown envelopes this Council is corrupt!!! It should have been used for shipbuilding. Or the money shud have been spent on the schools'

A lot of positive developments taking off in the city and it's great seeing older buildings being restored and repurposed.

Looks decent tbf, it's something that's missing in the North East. Reminds me of the Castlefield Bowl in Manchester a bit rather than Stack though, different markets.

Bit of a dodgy place for outside concerts though mind since the rest of Sheepfolds is supposed to be residential and housing and concerts is never a good mix without serious restrictions.

Last edited:
Looks decent tbf, it's something that's missing in the North East. Reminds me of the Castlefield Bowl in Manchester a bit rather than Stack though, different markets.

Bit of a dodgy place for outside concerts though mind since the rest of Sheepfolds is supposed to be residential and housing and concerts is never a good mix without serious restrictions.
But the stadium is there with both football and concerts so can’t see it being much of an issue.

But the stadium is there with both football and concerts so can’t see it being much of an issue.

It's only a couple of concerts a year though, whereas I'm guessing these will want to do stuff every day every weekend. All you need is one person like the Ropers outside of Alton Tower's (believe they've gone now) and you get all sorts of restrictions for everything. I know they've got the fireworks restricted down there, height restrictions, noise restrictions you name it.

Looks really good, about time something was done with it and it's ideal for match days.

It's hardly a WDSC though... 🤷‍♂️ More, well done the developer for seeing the opportunity and having an exciting vision for the place.

And? Sunderland council won't have devised the plan for the location. Sunderland council have planned to redevelop many areas. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah but then the tart out the site to potential developers with a ‘you could do this’ approach. At least I’m assuming that’s what happens.

Back