Shed roof

Same here.
MDF 😂
Too many DIY programmes on the telly now. Every Tom, Dick and Harry's an expert these days. I once had a bloke who worked in an office telling me how easy it was to fit a kitchen while I was fitting a kitchen for him.

I work in an office and can do next to nowt DIY wise :cool:

Same here.
MDF 😂
Too many DIY programmes on the telly now. Every Tom, Dick and Harry's an expert these days. I once had a bloke who worked in an office telling me how easy it was to fit a kitchen while I was fitting a kitchen for him.

Aye, everyone an expert, when I was a young'un I drove for a very good joiner who fitted kitchens (think Hygena type), looks easy to the average Joe, the ammount of running around for daft things that were missing.
You always get a clever shite now and again though.

Same here.
MDF 😂

MDF and moisture 🤣
Only use MDF internally, shelving etc.

If you're re-felting it, go to a roof supplier or decent builders merchants and get proper thick felt for flat roofs.
Not that thin shìt from Wickes, b and q etc. it just rips in wind.

It doesn't cost that much more either.
This is what I did earlier in the year. Cost me £7 more and the difference is massive.

That's okay, it's the ones who try to tell someone how to do a job when they've been doing that job for years are the ones that get me.
Wish I could do more DIY it'd save a few quid. My Dad and FiL are the last hopes for our family on that front as they can do a bit. When they die I might have to leave the missus for a fella.

Last edited:
Probably doesn't even need that. Just strip the fault and cover with EPDM.

Fault? Felt.

I'm tired.
Depends what the felt comes off like and the condition of the roof ply ..needs to be bone dry and smooth for the contact adhesive , for the sake of 2 sheets of ply and a extra hr i would renew the roof.

This is what I did earlier in the year. Cost me £7 more and the difference is massive.
It is isn't it ? You can tear the cheap stuff like paper. Geoff capes probably couldn't tear this 😁
I did mine and me dads at the start of COVID, in fact I was still recovering from COVID and "felt" 😁 like shìt still 😁
So about 4 year ago ??? .
The only problems I had was it was a red hot day and it was burning me hands leaning on the roof to tack it 😁 And trying to lay it down straight on my own without it sliding.

12'x6 and 10'x6' sheds. Both original felt torn to bits same time.
Me dad passed away a year later ☹️ so I took the shed down and rebuilt it at mine.
Both sheds and roofs look like new still. I paint the shed walls with a mix of creosote (creocote now) and old engine oil 👍🏼😁
Same as fence panels. None of that water based crap.

Back