Shearer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonMackem

Striker
Will undergo a dementia test after years of heading a football according to the Mirror. It's part of a new documentary on the Beeb.

You know what, I've lost three members of my family to dementia, my mrs has found her mother has it and as such I pray there isn't a strong link between dementia and heading balls.

Its a crap disease that affects friends and family quite significantly on an emotional level, let alone the eventual loss of dignity for the sufferers.

You know what, I've lost three members of my family to dementia, my mrs has found her mother has it and as such I pray there isn't a strong link between dementia and heading balls.

Its a crap disease that affects friends and family quite significantly on an emotional level, let alone the eventual loss of dignity for the sufferers.
My grandad died of Alzheimer's a couple of years ago so I completely agree. He was living with my parents for several years when it got worse, and it was sad seeing him struggle with the most basic things.

I hope this raises awareness.

Well hope he doesn't have it, it's such a horrible disease as has been pointed out, wouldn't wish it on anyone. Although I hope they don't find a correlation between heading the ball and dementia for other reasons, if they do find one they might remove heading from the game or other such measures.

Well hope he doesn't have it, it's such a horrible disease as has been pointed out, wouldn't wish it on anyone. Although I hope they don't find a correlation between heading the ball and dementia for other reasons, if they do find one they might remove heading from the game or other such measures.

If heading a ball was proved to be an issue and therefore removed from football, health and safety will be straight on to American Football, Rugby and especially Boxing, to name a few sports.

If heading a ball was proved to be an issue and therefore removed from football, health and safety will be straight on to American Football, Rugby and especially Boxing, to name a few sports.
You would think so, I guess they would have to. I suppose they could introduce head gear or something, but football is soft as shyte now anyway, gone are the days of them bloody medicine balls :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back