Shawshank Redemption

• Thread starter Deleted member 6830
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like the film but its sort of from an artificial world that harks back to the films of the 1940s a sort of stephen king fantasy world that does not ring true ..the place is to clean ,nobody smokesa and weve seen the characters in other films and the bit where he tutors the young lad gil bedows who could get him off his wifes murder ..and then he gets killed ......classic b movie fodder .....

.I do like it and it would be in my top hundred films but i could not watch it over and over ........its a bit like broccoli! you know its good and worthy and you know you should eat more of it but you keep putting of eating it ...and when you eventually get around to eating it your dreaming of steak.

I always argue this point with my missus, you find out there's a possibility someone can prove your innocent, do you go to
a; A crooked prison governor
b; your lawyer

Brilliant film regardless,

4 prisoners escaped from Kerobokan jail in Bali this week via a sewer tunnel...

2 have been caught at a luxury resort 11ookms away, the other 2 still on the loose. one of them (an aussie) only had 10 weeks left to serve.

I always argue this point with my missus, you find out there's a possibility someone can prove your innocent, do you go to
a; A crooked prison governor
b; your lawyer

Brilliant film regardless,
I think pre 1970 or there abouts in america you were not entitled to a free lawyer there was no such thing as a public defender ..if you had no money you had to defend yourself ...............so he would have been in prison for years and have no acces to money for a lawyer so the governer was his only option...bugger im defending it now! Its strange individuals taste in films i could watch the station agent and galaxy quest over and over again but not SR ........go figure!

Last edited:
I think pre 1970 or there abouts in america you were not entitled to a free lawyer there was no such thing as a public defender ..if you had no money you had to defend yourself ...............so he would have been in prison for years and have no acces to money for a lawyer so the governer was his only option...bugger im defending it now! Its strange individuals taste in films i could watch the station agent and galaxy quest over and over again but not SR ........go figure!
Just for Sigourney Weaver in the ripped uniform;)

My favourite film. Never tire of watching it. Always brings a lump to my throat when Red finds the tree and is reading the letter from Andy.

Probably just sat there and booted the PS1 up. Tekken 3 :cool:
I've seen the first two. Liam Neeson was best in the first film though.

Bob Gunton should have won an Oscar for BSA. His little speech about dancing around the book bonfire like injuns is class. "They'll see the flames for miles" and the slight change in his expression when he remembers and then adds "...or am I being obtuse?" Brilliant acting.

Last edited:
I do like the film but its sort of from an artificial world that harks back to the films of the 1940s a sort of stephen king fantasy world that does not ring true ..the place is to clean ,nobody smokesa and weve seen the characters in other films and the bit where he tutors the young lad gil bedows who could get him off his wifes murder ..and then he gets killed ......classic b movie fodder .....

.I do like it and it would be in my top hundred films but i could not watch it over and over ........its a bit like broccoli! you know its good and worthy and you know you should eat more of it but you keep putting of eating it ...and when you eventually get around to eating it your dreaming of steak.

Top hundred films. :lol::lol:

Several scenes with loads smoking and cigarettes are regularly used as currency throughout the fillum!

I think it's dreadful. if that makes you feel any better.

Most overrated film ever.

Except maybe for Ferris Bueller's Day Off, which is just shite.

I want my sons to watch it but the gay rape scene puts me off, I wonder if its available anywhere with a PG rating? They used to cut the rape scene out of Scum I know. I dont mind them seeing beatings with sticks and socks of pool balls.
:lol: Ya don't even see the rape man. Just tell 'em they're giving him a good hiding.

I used to get "go upstairs and make sure you've turned the PlayStation off"

Happened during the sex scene in Starship Troopers. I knew what was happening but I went up and checked that the PlayStation was indeed turned off :rolleyes:
:lol: I used to have to hide behind the couch. The joke was on them though as we used to have a pair of glazed doors going into the dining room, and I could watch the telly in the reflection. :cool: Loved seeing a pair of boobies back then almost as much as I dee now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back