Shawshank Redemption

• Thread starter Deleted member 6830
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Never tire of watching this superb film.
On itv4 now.
Outstanding.

I want my sons to watch it but the gay rape scene puts me off, I wonder if its available anywhere with a PG rating? They used to cut the rape scene out of Scum I know. I dont mind them seeing beatings with sticks and socks of pool balls.

Just fast forward it at that stage. My auld boy used to say to us "close your eyes" and press forward on the vhs remote :lol:
My Mam always used to fast forward any films with sex scenes 'they're at it again', she'd say. It always looked hysterically worse and for some reason Sharon Stone and Slyvester Stallone having sex in a shower still haunts many years later. :lol:

excellent film -
superb Steven King book, which the film is very true to ( apart from 'Red' being a white Irishman )

Love it, watched it for about the 40th time. Its a film you never get sick of watching.

Got to say though, the Max and Paddy scene in the cell relating to it is class :lol:

Last edited:
Just fast forward it at that stage. My auld boy used to say to us "close your eyes" and press forward on the vhs remote :lol:

I used to get "go upstairs and make sure you've turned the PlayStation off"

Happened during the sex scene in Starship Troopers. I knew what was happening but I went up and checked that the PlayStation was indeed turned off :rolleyes:

Happened during the sex scene in Starship Troopers. I knew what was happening but I went up and checked that the PlayStation was indeed turned off :rolleyes:

And had a wank presumably.

The look on his face when he turns the music on, then everybody turns to look at the tower.
"I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid."
:cool:

Never tire of watching this superb film.
On itv4 now.
Outstanding.
I do like the film but its sort of from an artificial world that harks back to the films of the 1940s a sort of stephen king fantasy world that does not ring true ..the place is to clean ,nobody smokesa and weve seen the characters in other films and the bit where he tutors the young lad gil bedows who could get him off his wifes murder ..and then he gets killed ......classic b movie fodder .....

.I do like it and it would be in my top hundred films but i could not watch it over and over ........its a bit like broccoli! you know its good and worthy and you know you should eat more of it but you keep putting of eating it ...and when you eventually get around to eating it your dreaming of steak.

:) I remember one "bath night" sitting drying my hair in front of the fire and continuously asking to go to bed and getting denied as "your hair is still wet", a few seconds later some humping starts on this drama on the telly and miraculously almost immediately "your hair is dry, get to bed".

If I remember correctly it was the bird off Dempsey and Makepeace too. Phwoar!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back