Shaving your own head

Is it difficult? If not, what's the best way of doing it?

I'm currently going to the barbers on a weekly basis for a number 1 all over and it's costing me more than when I had hair.
My mrs got me an electric shaver for Christmas designed for knappers. If you want a bit of stubble, hair clippers with no guard on does the job.

Nightmare. Literally the haircut I'm going for.

I'm working on it.
You won’t miss any. When you’re shaving if it’s still going through hair you can hear the hair cutting. Just keep buzzing over and when the noise of clipping stops you’re done. Use two mirrors. Surprised you’re asking this it’s basic common sense.

Is it just me? Or all baldies hard as fuck?
Maybe I was conditioned to think this way as a kid, watching things like the film 'The wanderers'' plus stuff like, Tucker getting chased by Skinheads across a walkway bridge on 'Tuckers Luck'?
My shaver packed up half way through. Had to go and get an emergency haircut before work next day. Still charged me for the full shave though 😁
Look at it from the hairdressers side, if a gadgie has half of his head blown off and survived, it would be rude to say "I'll only charge you half price sir, because you only have half a head". Cannot have exceptions regardless, it's only fair.

Last edited:
It is a doddle. You can do the back with a mirror. Any half decent pair of clippers will do.
Aye I used to use a mirror but as the other fella (I assume it's a fella before anyone goes pc) said I just run it all over and you can feel if you've missed a bit. I just do it standing in the shower on a morning before I have one so nee mess either.
I'm growing mine out, like Terry nutkins.
That's how mine would come in too

Last edited:
Is it just me? Or all baldies hard as fuck?
Maybe I was conditioned to think this way as a kid, watching things like the film 'The wanderers'' plus stuff like, Tucker getting chased by Skinheads across a walkway bridge on 'Tuckers Luck'?

Look at it from the hairdressers side, if a gadgie has half of his head blown off and survived, it would be rude to say "I'll only charge you half price sir, because you only have half a head". Cannot have exceptions regardless, it's only fair.

Ah the Wanderers - hey Turkey

Is it difficult? If not, what's the best way of doing it?

I'm currently going to the barbers on a weekly basis for a number 1 all over and it's costing me more than when I had hair.

Got these the other week, seem to work good enough

Got these the other week, seem to work good enough

Another vote for the Phillips rotating head shaver, when I used to have it as long as 0.5. Now I just take the lot off and use one of these Skull Shaver Pitbull Gold PRO Head and Face Shaver with Bonus CR-3 Blade

Not quite as good as using a BIC but less blood and easy to use but recommend you still use shaving foam (not gel).

Back