Shaving your own head

Is it difficult? If not, what's the best way of doing it?

I'm currently going to the barbers on a weekly basis for a number 1 all over and it's costing me more than when I had hair.

actually shaving or using clippers.....I run clippers over my swede with no grader on...as long as you don't do your eyebrows its a piece of piss.

Aye but how do you do the back?

I'd want it clipped on a 1 or 0.5 or something.
Let it grow man, wild and abandoned.

I decided to see I looked like with it shaved and now it's one less thing to think about. Also, I'm balding.

Last edited:

Keep going, use your hands to feel......I have clippers to adjust to just under 0.5 to do a proper job takes about 5mins every few days.....you'll feel if it not's clipped as short as other spots....then go over it until it all feels the same.

A 1 all over? I thought you were supposedly a man of style.

£250 on a pair of jeans but shaving your own hair with some smartprice clippers?

No, I've been going to the barbers mate I said it in my OP.

Not sure who you're on about with these 250 quid jeans mind.
Keep going, use your hands to feel......I have clippers to adjust to just under 0.5 to do a proper job takes about 5mins every few days.....you'll feel if it not's clipped as short as other spots....then go over it until it all feels the same.

Will any clippers work?

I've been shaving my face using the dog clippers so I might just give those a go.

I decided to see I looked like with it shaved and now it's one less thing to think about. Also, I'm balding.
Ah, balding changes things.
I have the opposite problem I've still got the same amount of hair I've always had. The advantage is I can have just about any style i want. The downside is maintenance from rapid growth.

I don't mind actually, thought I'd be gutted.

The worst part is the back and sides grow at a ridiculously fast rate while the top is clinging on for dear life, which means even if i'm just shaving it all off it still needs doing really often. Annoying like.

I was joking. Luckily I'm still hanging on at an old age.

Back