Shaun Keaveny

Reet bunch of miserable tests this lot.

Caught a few bits of Ezra Furman’s show the last few days. Celebrating LGBT, which sounds like nothing I’m interested in, but the I was wrong. Some of the stuff he had on was top notch & I hadn’t heard of most of the bands. Going to go back through the playlists & make my own Spotify playlist based on what he played.
Was going to do the same with the John Grant shows after hearing a bit, will listen to EF as well

I was partial to a 'middle aged shout out'. Longtime listener to Keaveny, for me another request for Hawkins. Doubt RadMac will come back to 5 day a week afternoons? Changed when Radcliffe had cancer? Possibly a reshuffle and a few afternoons??

Don’t be daft. He’s the glue that holds it together.

Seems he loves his punk. Was a bit of lo-fi American punk going on.

Musical knowledge is great, bet he sources a lot of the playlist stuff but his show has no cohesion. The songs don’t flow and are random plus you have to endure some real stinkers.

Musical knowledge is great, bet he sources a lot of the playlist stuff but his show has no cohesion. The songs don’t flow and are random plus you have to endure some real stinkers.
See, I think me & him have similar tastes. Was big into his Brit Pop, championed Idles & Fontaines DC way before anyone else was interested & got me into them & throws a load of reggae in. Class.

See, I think me & him have similar tastes. Was big into his Brit Pop, championed Idles & Fontaines DC way before anyone else was interested & got me into them & throws a load of reggae in. Class.

I mean, it all bottles down to taste doesn’t it and preference. I just don’t find the stuff he plays inspiring enough. He definitely gets some championing right and will occasionally play something really great but it’s his lack of consistency for me.

Each to their own though.

I mean, it all bottles down to taste doesn’t it and preference. I just don’t find the stuff he plays inspiring enough. He definitely gets some championing right and will occasionally play something really great but it’s his lack of consistency for me.

Each to their own though.
Happy to disagree like. That’s what makes music great. I go to gigs with my mates & spend 5/6 hours discussing & arguing about bands & records.

Can't stand his umm err delivery but the music is good, and that's what counts for me.

Only ever caught maybe 20 minutes of Hawkins a day on the way to work before I started wfh, and he played some great stuff. Not cutting edge, but neither am I.
Some of the stuff Hobbs plays is hard work mind.

Her voice is like nails on a blackboard to me as well.

See Craig Charles is taking the slot.

Huge ratings opportunity missed not giving RadMac their slot back.

As much as I like CG’s music, it’s an indication of the stylistic change to 6 music on a weekday. I never listen to it now.

See Craig Charles is taking the slot.

Huge ratings opportunity missed not giving RadMac their slot back.

As much as I like CG’s music, it’s an indication of the stylistic change to 6 music on a weekday. I never listen to it now.
They'd rather play the new single by Sampa the Great than the Manic Street Preachers nowadays. It's a completely different station than it was a few years ago (and not for the better).

Back