Sgt Blackman

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been in the military so you have no idea what I have seen or experienced.
You start killing and torturing POWs and you can't criticise the opposition for doing so.
I have sympathy for Blackman but what he did was wrong.

Not quite the way I would have described it but I understand. there is little doubt that Blackman seriously erred.

But I have been in a different army in a similar position. Like you I understand the circumstances. In my case the opposition killed and tortured our mates. I would have readily returned the pleasure. I knew the wives and kids of the boys who died. Yes. What he did was wrong. But I would do the same.

I'm 100% in agreement with you opinion on the Iraq inquiry, but plenty of current and ex military agree that Blackman was wrong.
Many serviceman have been in situations like Blackman and very few reacted in the way he did.

Not, in my experience true, And when you are on a a battlefield, in combat, very different.

I don't see how (non military) people are in a position to judge.
I've not be in the armed forces , so therefore find it hard to comprehend what must go through theses peoples' minds when they're in a battlefield.

It cant be easy * , and I don't think people have the right to hold judgement unless they've been through similar stuff.

* Apologies for the understatement/bad choice of words

I've not be in the armed forces , so therefore find it hard to comprehend what must go through theses peoples' minds when they're in a battlefield.

It cant be easy * , and I don't think people have the right to hold judgement unless they've been through similar stuff.

How are the armed forces meant to be held accountable and regulated?

panaorama was interesting, other soldiers say they were all talking about doing it , AB took control and slotted the Muj

could be argued that he could have taken control and made sure no one slotted him, well they were being shot at still , they Muj had been shooting at them , the Muj had just been hit by a 64 so was a dead man anyway

fuck him , bye bye

never mind the stresses of being out there at that out post for so long without support etc

Agreed but how often do you see this on the smb in relation to the police for example?

As in not understanding the demands and situations people face in roles such as this?

As I see it on the SMB "our brave soldiers" do no wrong and it's ACAB/ Biggest hooligans in football as the common opinion.

As in not understanding the demands and situations people face in roles such as this?

As I see it on the SMB "our brave soldiers" do no wrong and it's ACAB/ Biggest hooligans in football as the common opinion.

In respect of the police, I'm not sure how the fact they do a difficult and dangerous job should shield them from criticism in the case of officers colluding in the murder of a private detective to stop him revealing corruption and links to organised crime in the Met

Agreed but how often do you see this on the smb in relation to the police for example?

You mean there's one or two posters who are on a constant wind up slagging the Police off, that's the way I read it anyway.

The majority back the Police when they take a known criminal out.

Again it's totally different circumstances, the two can't and shouldn't be compared mate.

You mean there's one or two posters who are on a constant wind up slagging the Police off, that's the way I read it anyway.

The majority back the Police when they take a known criminal out.

Again it's totally different circumstances, the two can't and shouldn't be compared mate.
That's bollocks mind there's loads of copper haters on here man :lol:

Should make the politician who sent him go out there and discuss things nicely instead, unarmed and with a body cam.

Maybe if he gets injured they will take him to the local hospital and nurse him back to health.

f***ing hell, Plodarotti1980 defends the police all the time for killing people (even if they are blind) and yet he's all over the soldier here.

f***ing hell, Plodarotti1980 defends the police all the time for killing people (even if they are blind) and yet he's all over the soldier here.
If i remember rightly I didnt defend them at all and the blind was tasered and recovered well. Come on Mows your facts are letting you down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back