Severn bridge tolls

being scrapped as a boost to drivers and local economy
So why are we still,paying Tyne tunnel tolls
Government can afford to spend millions on silverlink but doesn't fund the payoff of the Tyne tunnels
Silverlink is a complete waste of money as the bottlenecks going from east to west and vice versa are still there with the added stupidity of a shopping centre located right on the roundabout
Mark my words at busy periods there will still be queues
Its a tax on the local economy and drivers

Cobalt and Silverlink are in one of the worst locations possible.
Agreed. There isn’t going to be a undeveloped field to the north of the A19 between Moor Farm and the Silverlink before much longer. The Silverlink traffic will only be moving as everything else will be waiting to get off for the Cobalt at Holystone.

The tunnel toll wouldn’t be an issue if you got a clear run but that ain’t going to happen with all the developments on the North side.

Government can afford to spend millions on silverlink but doesn't fund the payoff of the Tyne tunnels
Silverlink is a complete waste of money as the bottlenecks going from east to west and vice versa are still there with the added stupidity of a shopping centre located right on the roundabout

Racist.......why do the jocks get free Uni fees/Prescriptions?

No idea how we ever got into this situation with some roads charging and others not - they are vital and should clearly be publicly funded.

Anyway, the traffic east-west isn't really being affected by the works, that route already has the flyover ! Its the North-South route that is being improved here.

Tunnel will remain the big bottleneck though.

Back