SETI scientists spot 72 signals 'from alien galaxy' 3bn light years away

Absolutely spot on marra. It would be ridiculous to assume we are alone in the universe. Trouble is without faster than light travel and long range sensors nobody will ever know for sure. First Contact will be in April 2063 :cool:

If there is then they obviously don't want to make contact with us, either that or we are actually an alien colony..perhaps even a prison planet, which would explain a lot :)

I know what you mean however its a Its a toss of a coin marra, everything must start and end somewhere..
What started the start?

As i once said, i believe their has been a date, decided by governments in the past, and other organisations with the Species of other worlds who have visited this planet, in the past, that some day soon, the official announcement will be made.

To me what has happened lately, makes me think we are getting closer by the day to that event, Trappist one last year for example

The what?

As i once said, i believe their has been a date, decided by governments in the past, and other organisations with the Species of other worlds who have visited this planet, in the past, that some day soon, the official announcement will be made.

To me what has happened lately, makes me think we are getting closer by the day to that event, Trappist one last year for example

My view is, what we now think as life might not actually be whats out there. We've got a long way to go before we really see what's out there..

What started the start?

Exactly..

There must be life elsewhere in the universe, however when you consider how long it has taken intelligent life to evolve on this planet, and how intelligent life might not have evolved had it not been for one thing or another (meteor that wiped out the dinos, for example), the chances that there is intelligent life out there, advanced enough to cross space and make contact with us, both within the blink of an eye our respective species are alive, seems highly improbable.

If we discover anything, it'll probably be bacteria. Mind, that'd still be f***ing awesome.

Aye mate, because rampant partisan politics and nationalism is what governments would be promoting if first contact was coming up and they knew it.

My view is, what we now think as life might not actually be whats out there. We've got a long way to go before we really see what's out there.

We think of life as what we have so far discovered on the earth, ourselves and the other species that live on this planet, however as you rightly comment what we think of as life may not actually be what's out there.

however in the post above, i suppose what i was trying to get at was. with the news of the below link last year, and discovery's that have come from the kepler space telescope, it's all of sudden started to point in that direction along with the OP in the thread.

10 Things: All About TRAPPIST-1 – Exoplanet Exploration: Planets Beyond our Solar System

There must be life elsewhere in the universe, however when you consider how long it has taken intelligent life to evolve on this planet, and how intelligent life might not have evolved had it not been for one thing or another (meteor that wiped out the dinos, for example), the chances that there is intelligent life out there, advanced enough to cross space and make contact with us, both within the blink of an eye our respective species are alive, seems highly improbable.

If we discover anything, it'll probably be bacteria. Mind, that'd still be f***ing awesome.
Don't forget to take into account how long the universe has been around, think what we will have achieved in 10,000 years, think about other aliens who evolved to our stage but 10,000 years ago its very likely. Space and time can be bent/twisted and altered so I don't think there is any need to travel faster than light to reach vast distances. Earth itself warps space and time if we could harness that power you can make wormholes (probably). Maybe we build machines like that and go visit other aliens. Its probably happened loads of times and will carry on to do so, we are not alone. The Aliens are here mate I've looked into it.

Don't forget to take into account how long the universe has been around, think what we will have achieved in 10,000 years, think about other aliens who evolved to our stage but 10,000 years ago its very likely. Space and time can be bent/twisted and altered so I don't think there is any need to travel faster than light to reach vast distances. Earth itself warps space and time if we could harness that power you can make wormholes (probably). Maybe we build machines like that and go visit other aliens. Its probably happened loads of times and will carry on to do so, we are not alone. The Aliens are here mate I've looked into it.
I suppose people want proof, that's the problem.
We need tangible evidence

Aye mate, because rampant partisan politics and nationalism is what governments would be promoting if first contact was coming up and they knew it.

If and its a big IF we get disclosure of a alien species (highly unlikely in my eyes ((a real one that is, it could be faked))). We dont necessarily know how people/governments/ institutions will react. We might even have the bible bashers destroyed. We just dont know. What do you think might happen, rather than try and belittle someone elses opinion.

If and its a big IF we get disclosure of a alien species (highly unlikely in my eyes ((a real one that is, it could be faked))). We dont necessarily know how people/governments/ institutions will react. We might even have the bible bashers destroyed. We just dont know. What do you think might happen, rather than try and belittle someone elses opinion.
They would just say god made the aliens.

I'm sure I read somewhere (a real scientific article - not Viz) that Star Trek may have inadvertently identified how we will eventually be able cross interstellar distances by bending space like a loop in a length of string then jumping across the narrow bit.

Would there be a mass panic? There's the unknown isn't there?

I'm sure I read somewhere (a real scientific article - not Viz) that Star Trek may have inadvertently identified how we will eventually be able cross interstellar distances by bending space like a loop in a length of string then jumping across the narrow bit.
That's the kind of thing I'm talking about.

Don't forget to take into account how long the universe has been around, think what we will have achieved in 10,000 years, think about other aliens who evolved to our stage but 10,000 years ago
If we're anything to go by they'll have wiped themselves out by now. Maybe some of them survived and civilisation is back to iron weapons.

its very likey.
Based on what?

I'll bite though. If we're playing the numbers game and looking at the age and scope of the universe and I agree it's likely they exist the same numbers game says we aren#t crossing paths with them ever.

Space and time can be bent/twisted and altered so I don't think there is any need to travel faster than light to reach vast distances. Earth itself warps space and time if we could harness that power you can make wormholes (probably). Maybe we build machines like that and go visit other aliens. Its probably happens loads of times.
Love psychedelics me.

I'm not a physicist (obviously) but it seems you're taking theories like gravity, general relativity, and quantum mechanics and saying "so wormholes".

The Aliens are here mate I've looked into it.
Same mate, X-Files, Dark Skies, Stargate.... The truth is here.

Back