SETI scientists spot 72 signals 'from alien galaxy' 3bn light years away

My suspicions exactly. And all these astrophysicists trying to detect the earliest/oldest whatnots. Why? How can it affect/influence us?

And how has the vastly expensive CERN collider benefited humanity in any way? It must cost a fortune to run and maintain. Who pays for that?
By showing us the first inklings of how gravity works, giving us the ability to leave this planet once we turn it into a stinking pollution-riddled cesspit.

I’m an atheist. I don’t believe in ghosts, karma, fortune telling or any of that kind of shit but can happily say that I’m 100% positive life will exist elsewhere in the universe. There’s just no doubt about it in my mind. The universe is just too infinitely big for life to not exist elsewhere.
100% this.

I can't even begin to understand 1% of the size of the universe, so there's no way I could comprehend how only us are alive in it.

I’m an atheist. I don’t believe in ghosts, karma, fortune telling or any of that kind of shit but can happily say that I’m 100% positive life will exist elsewhere in the universe. There’s just no doubt about it in my mind. The universe is just too infinitely big for life to not exist elsewhere.
Probably in our solar system IMHO.

Probably in our solar system IMHO.
Microbes, not little green men.

My suspicions exactly. And all these astrophysicists trying to detect the earliest/oldest whatnots. Why? How can it affect/influence us?

And how has the vastly expensive CERN collider benefited humanity in any way? It must cost a fortune to run and maintain. Who pays for that?
Lets not bother trying to improve things, our life, future generations, or explore at all. :rolleyes:

We'd all still be in Ethiopia with that attitude. We do because we can. That's what drives the human race forward, or backward.

It's early days for CERN, so not much yet really. But try googling it to get an understanding.

Welcome to civilisation.

When the intelligent aliens actually get here, they'll all be like..

"Er..... Dude, there's actually like 1000 billion inhabited planets in the galaxy. The odds of yours actually being, like, uninhabited is actually, like, 999,999,999,990-1 bro"

And we'll be like... "oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh......"

There's also the strong possibility that our planet is the first to harbour life and we are all alone... for now. There has to be a first, it could be us.

Back