Sertraline

Pretty much identical to my experience, made me feel significantly more suicidal and I used to get massive headaches now and again. That being said my GP who I trust says it works for a lot of people so maybe give it a try?
You're bang on with the headaches, although where's the post from Flash Gordon gone - the man/woman may speak the truth!?!

I'm confused. Are you suggesting that SSRIs don't result in an increased likelihood of suicidal thoughts?
Difficult one to answer, could be an underlying issue anyway so they may not necessarily be due to the tablets but it is mentioned by the G.P. prior to the prescription, so there's obviously some connection.

Last edited:
it's like Citalopram x1000.

Awful, makes your mood drop like a stone initially, I can't remember the other side effects I had with it but I stopped shortly after 2 months.

Been on it for a couple of months now.

Up to 150mg, so far.

It’s shit like.

Absolutely nothing from it at all.

If you are on a high dose and it's not working for you then you should ask for a different medication.

Been on it over 18 months, best way to describe effect on me is everything is stable, not on a high, not a downer.

Aye that's exactly the way to describe it. I've been off it a year now but that is what I noticed when on it and coming off

Wort.

And to think, you're allowed to write pieces of paper that people can exchange for tablets

SJW fucks with pretty much everything iirc
Wort is the correct spelling. Not entirely an innocent thing to take either. Side effects can be quite awful, just because it is a herb doesn’t mean it’s ok for everyone.

Did fluoxetine first, didn’t react well to that, made me aggressive and not good, took a while to get out of my system

I was the same with the initial side effects too , fine now - as said above just levels me out and improves anxiety which was my main issue
Had horrible side effects from it. Shakes that were really bad. Could only drink out of a sealed cup for a while because I was shaking so badly. Was really pleased when I stopped taking them, which was about twelve months ago.

Had horrible side effects from it. Shakes that were really bad. Could only drink out of a sealed cup for a while because I was shaking so badly. Was really pleased when I stopped taking them, which was about twelve months ago.

Aye I remember chatting to you about it a while back , I’ve some awful reactions to different ones over the years - just have to try a few til you find the right one for you. Glad you’ve found the right one

Aye I remember chatting to you about it a while back , I’ve some awful reactions to different ones over the years - just have to try a few til you find the right one for you. Glad you’ve found the right one

Never changed, Nookie. It settled down and I got to a point where I felt comfortable in coming off medication. Have been off it for a year.

These threads, man!

Antidepressants depend on the person taking them. It’s pointless asking if x or y tablet is effective, what side effects they have, etc. It will be different for you!
Sertraline is a life saver for many, it may be ineffective or unpleasant for others. That’s the nature of antidepressants.

It’s been a life saver for me, but I can’t recommend it for anyone else for reasons already explained. Anyone calling it ‘shite’ need to consider they may well discourage someone who’s in a vulnerable state from trying a drug that could be life changing for them.

These threads, man!

Antidepressants depend on the person taking them. It’s pointless asking if x or y tablet is effective, what side effects they have, etc. It will be different for you!
Sertraline is a life saver for many, it may be ineffective or unpleasant for others. That’s the nature of antidepressants.

It’s been a life saver for me, but I can’t recommend it for anyone else for reasons already explained. Anyone calling it ‘shite’ need to consider they may well discourage someone who’s in a vulnerable state from trying a drug that could be life changing for them.

Agree with this , that’s why I said it’s often a case of trying a couple to get the drug that works for you

These threads, man!

Well said, had a mate who swears by fluoxetine where for me it makes stuff worse. Just keep going till you find the right one.

Well said, had a mate who swears by fluoxetine where for me it makes stuff worse. Just keep going till you find the right one.

Fluoxetine was a disaster for me. I was on above the recommended dose, and I developed symptoms of schizoprenia.
It put my family through hell! Apparently it isn’t unheard of for people to develop psychosis and suicidal tendencies on fluoxetine.

For others, it’s brilliant. I must’ve tried almost every antidepressant on the market. The worst reactions I had were with MAOIs. I was bedridden and my blood pressure was so low I had to crawl to the bathroom!

Back