Sertraline

Certain drugs require specific liver enzymes to metabolise the drug effectively. No metabolisation of the drug, no/reduced clinical effect.

Grapefruit inhibits the actions of some of these enzymes, including the one that sertraline requires.

Same reason why you can't have grapefruit with certain statins.

Certain drugs require specific liver enzymes to metabolise the drug effectively. No metabolisation of the drug, no/reduced clinical effect.

Grapefruit inhibits the actions of some of these enzymes, including the one that sertraline requires.

Braniac :) never knew that, cheers

I'll see your grapefruit and raise you St John's Wart

Made me feel a whole lot worse than I did before. It made me feel unbelievably anxious, I felt sick in the pit of my stomach, I had headaches and felt tired. One day in my life that I seriously felt suicidal was when I was taking Sertraline so I stopped taking it and never looked back.

I only used them for around 6/7 weeks so don't proclaim to be any sort of expert, I just know that i'll never touch any kind of anti-depressant again because of my experience with Sertraline.

Been on these for
A few months now
200mg seems
To be wonderful at the start but then noticing less and less

Now on arapiprazol with it so keeps
Me okay from time
To time
Causes nasty restless legs at night

Made me feel a whole lot worse than I did before. It made me feel unbelievably anxious, I felt sick in the pit of my stomach, I had headaches and felt tired. One day in my life that I seriously felt suicidal was when I was taking Sertraline so I stopped taking it and never looked back.

I only used them for around 6/7 weeks so don't proclaim to be any sort of expert, I just know that i'll never touch any kind of anti-depressant again because of my experience with Sertraline.

Pretty much identical to my experience, made me feel significantly more suicidal and I used to get massive headaches now and again. That being said my GP who I trust says it works for a lot of people so maybe give it a try?

Different drugs work for different people. Took sertraline myself and I couldn't sleep at night, would sweat constantly and get restless legs.

Back