Serious question....

I reckon this type of thing will become far more mainstream with future generations.
Where we have Movember, they will have special months such as Non-Binary January and Gender Fluid June. It will give everyone the opportunity to cast aside their stereotypical persona and sample life from another perspective.

I reckon this type of thing will become far more mainstream with future generations.

Absolutely this. We’re just going through a transition phase where the current generation are struggling to accept it. Completely understandable. I struggle too.

We are used to assigning at birth based on what is found between the legs. Until I heard a presentation fairly recently by an educational psychologist I regarded gender as binary based on the person’s chromosomes. However there are other factors to consider.

Absolutely this. We’re just going through a transition phase where the current generation are struggling to accept it. Completely understandable. I struggle too.

We are used to assigning at birth based on what is found between the legs. Until I heard a presentation fairly recently by an educational psychologist I regarded gender as binary based on the person’s chromosomes. However there are other factors to consider.
It’s bollocks. You’re a man or a woman. Can accept trans, but non binary is just a load of shit

Perhaps there needs to be a complete separation of gender and sex. Sex is biological while gender is a social construct. The only non binary people from a sex perspective are people with chromosomal disorders.

We have a lot of self imposed gender discrimination in our lives like the things we think we should do, think, feel and act around other people while other things are forced on us unnecessary by society like separate public toilets, changing rooms and social institutions.

We hear of politicians being pilloried for using phrases like 'stupid women', when we are conditioned through our language unnecessarily to place a gender marker on someone by using he, her, man, women, boy, girl, him and her. Why not just remove these pronouns altogether and refer to someone by name?

Perhaps there needs to be a complete separation of gender and sex. Sex is biological while gender is a social construct. The only non binary people from a sex perspective are people with chromosomal disorders.

Hurrah. That is the difference. People make such a big deal of it because they confuse the two and thus can't understand it. Hence numpties harp on about cocks and fannies when discussing gender.

I rest my case.
‘where the current generation are struggling to accept it’

Accept what? That people are too self important to let nature determine what sex they are?

Unless you’re born without genitals, or genitals which are of disorder then you’re a man or a woman. This is not my opinion, it’s just what it is

In this kids case it’s quite simply to draw attention and sell more records

Accept what? That people are too self important to let nature determine what sex they are?

Unless you’re born without genitals, or genitals which are of disorder then you’re a man or a woman. This is not my opinion, it’s just what it is

I used to think and say the same, so I know there is no point arguing. It’s down to the individual as to whether they want to make the effort to research the subject.

Perfectly correct but you're answering the wrong question. Sex and gender are two different things

Back