September SMB Photography Competition - After Dark - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd have been embarrassed with that too
:lol::oops:;)

I attempted something similar last weekend. I was excited for about 4 seconds before in realised that I wasn't looking at the wonders of the cosmos, but instead a fuckload of noise and hot pixels...

Yeah, I'd have been embarrassed with that too
:lol::oops:;)

it's like when those supermodels always say when they were growing up and everyone took the piss cos they looked funny, aye gisele I'm sure they did pet :lol:.

The standard is very high again this month, some topper pics in there.

I attempted something similar last weekend. I was excited for about 4 seconds before in realised that I wasn't looking at the wonders of the cosmos, but instead a fuckload of noise and hot pixels...

Yes, that's the risk. Canons are the best for long exposure but even they are noisy beyond a minute or two. You ought to subtract a dark frame, unfortunately I forgot to take one so ran it through Noise Ninja instead.

I had to remove loads of orange crud in Photoshop. Derwent Rezzie is about the darkest place in the northeast but my shots were still swimming in the stuff after 3 mins, ISO800.

What I meant to do was take a fuck load of RAWs using a light pollution filter, stack them then blend back the foreground from this shot.

Yes, that's the risk. Canons are the best for long exposure but even they are noisy beyond a minute or two. You ought to subtract a dark frame, unfortunately I forgot to take one so ran it through Noise Ninja instead.

I had to remove loads of orange crud in Photoshop. Derwent Rezzie is about the darkest place in the northeast but my shots were still swimming in the stuff after 3 mins, ISO800.

What I meant to do was take a fuck load of RAWs using a light pollution filter, stack them then blend back the foreground from this shot.

It's a great shot anyway fella, aside from the obvious beauty of the subject, it's very well framed.

Very disappointed I couldn't get my idea to work. We live not far from the A13 which is notorious for the amount of road kill on it. Decided to get up and photograph the road with a dead fox or badger with the sun rising in the background. Thought it was a great idea, but the sensible critters all must have stayed at home the week before I went out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back