SEPTEMBER Competition (changes and discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as AB22 hasn't set a competition this month - to keep our hands in (and see photoboard http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/new-competition-thoughts -ideas.806836/ ).

Will use a couple of suggestions from the thread above:-
1. The winner of the August competition can set the theme - pm me, and I'll set it up.
2. All photographs entered will be up for comment and critique unless you post "No C&C please"

Voting closes tomorrow so hopefully the winner will choose a theme quickly and I can have it up and running soon after (closing date 30.09.13)

FAO: Dark Traveller - Welcome to the competition, but one of the rules is that the photo must be taken in the month of the competition. It is so we go out and take photographs, rather than just raid our archives for photos. Go and take a photo and then enter it!:)

I reckon going to 2 months would be best for this

I'm bound to stumble across a bridge in that time ;)

With the theme being 'bridges' does that mean the entry has to be of a bridge, and not say for example someone stood on a bridge where the bridge isn't visible but you're using it for the elevated background with a nice view?

With the theme being 'bridges' does that mean the entry has to be of a bridge, and not say for example someone stood on a bridge where the bridge isn't visible but you're using it for the elevated background with a nice view?

It can be an photograph taken on a bridge, although not from a bridge if you know what i mean.

So shots of bridges are ok, just about?[DOUBLEPOST=1378739908][/DOUBLEPOST]Shots in the Bridges?

Nearest bridge over the Mersey is 20 miles away. I don't suppose I can use a ferry or tunnel as my entry?

So shots of bridges are ok, just about?[DOUBLEPOST=1378739908][/DOUBLEPOST]Shots in the Bridges?

Not allowed - security take you outside and kick shit out of you.

Well almost at least they tell you " you're not allowed to take photos in here mate" I went in with my camera over my shoulder, walked all the way through to the greggs café bit, stood outside the doors and took a photo of people feeding the flying rats, got a tap on the shoulder immediately afterwards. The security guard said I was spotted straight away and he had been told to follow me around and make sure I didn't use my camera! I wasn't even allowed to stand outside greggs, had to go to the other end of the square cos it was still Bridges property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back