September Challenge Discussion - Controlled light

Status
Not open for further replies.

The challenge theme for September takes us back to techniques and this month it's "Controlled Light"

It can be anything you like: Fill Flash, on camera flash, off camera flash, studio lights, use of a reflector to bounce light onto a subject, even a bedside lamp if you want, all you have to do is control the light hitting the subject.

Entries should be posted by September 30th and this month please include a description of how you controlled the light.

Happy shooting
Do we have to 100% control the light ie not use uncontrolled daylight at all OR is just effecting how the light falls on the subject OK?? :?:

picture.php

Not so much controlled more into
Taken in the tunnel during the tour of the ground before yesterdays match..

yep, he aint lying, majority of the place is bloody pitch black without a torch to make your way around.

Pretty cunning if that's been done purely with flash.

Gets my vote then

Logon or register to see this image

From nearly the same spot. (hope this works, I'm sending it from a phone). The place is ransacked, quite sad,

That be my effort in.
Parked the truck in one of our units while one of the welders was working away. Positioned it to fill a section of the wall with the shadow. Switched the lights off then half closed the roller door, and asked the welder to arc up till i got my shot. The bright yellow 110v transformer bottom left stuck out like a sore thumb, so converted to B&W and clarified a bit in Paint Shop. Would have done it again the morn had there not been another job going in for dressing.

That be my effort in.
Parked the truck in one of our units while one of the welders was working away. Positioned it to fill a section of the wall with the shadow. Switched the lights off then half closed the roller door, and asked the welder to arc up till i got my shot. The bright yellow 110v transformer bottom left stuck out like a sore thumb, so converted to B&W and clarified a bit in Paint Shop. Would have done it again the morn had there not been another job going in for dressing.
Nice that mate, gets my vote - until i bang my effort in!

Ive added mine for this month, bit of an experiment really.
here is another from the same "shoot" I used a red laser pen on this one to get the colour, however I also got too much shadow from my phone in on it. I think the focus distance must have been about 25mm from the object.
Logon or register to see this image

tough subject this month, and unfortunatly I did not get time to get a pic - boo bad form

real life takes over once again never mind.

some good shots too this month, mind some not so good ones as wel :lol:l, the subject was obviously a very tricky one, but hey thats the point aint it it is a CHALLANGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back