Sept & Oct comp - REPETITION & PATTERNS - discussion and old shots

Just signed up to them thanks. Need to have a look at my P30 photos on a laptop to see whether it's worth persevering with that method of capture. They look fine on a phone but maybe that doesn't transfer to a larger format. Quite impressed with the P30 camera itself and its great for those off the cuff photos but I suspect I'll have to get a "proper" camera too.
Remember the rule, the more expensive the camera / lens, the better the photographer. Its science or something ;):lol:

Remember the rule, the more expensive the camera / lens, the better the photographer. Its science or something ;):lol:

I've just put some photos up on the laptop via Flickr and to be fair I think they'd probably print up to A3. If I put a couple on here would you take a look and advise me how far up the decent camera scale I'd have to go to get noticeably better images.

I've just put some photos up on the laptop via Flickr and to be fair I think they'd probably print up to A3. If I put a couple on here would you take a look and advise me how far up the decent camera scale I'd have to go to get noticeably better images.
My pictures on the competition threads are all hosted on Flickr.

Cheers. What's that old maxim.....The best camera is the one you have with you. :lol:

Got my eye on this one. Has a one inch sensor plus 10X optical zoom. Do you reckon I'd see a noticeable improvement in image quality?

Panasonic Direct - DMC-TZ100EBS DMC-TZ100EBS Panasonic LUMIX 10x Digital Travel Camera - Silver Panasonic DMC-TZ100EBS DMC-TZ100EBS Panasonic LUMIX 10x Digital Travel Camera - Silver
All cameras are the same. A box with a hole in. I'm no expert, I use my phone or an 8 year old DSLR with kit lenses.

Cheers. What's that old maxim.....The best camera is the one you have with you. :lol:

Got my eye on this one. Has a one inch sensor plus 10X optical zoom. Do you reckon I'd see a noticeable improvement in image quality?

Panasonic Direct - DMC-TZ100EBS DMC-TZ100EBS Panasonic LUMIX 10x Digital Travel Camera - Silver Panasonic DMC-TZ100EBS DMC-TZ100EBS Panasonic LUMIX 10x Digital Travel Camera - Silver
I zoomed right into your shots on flickr and tbf, they look pretty good quality, especially considering it was low light. The digital noise was good for being shot at 800 I reckon.

I don;t know much about the cameras in the price range you are looking at, however, LUMIX has never let me down in the past.

Back