Sensible world of soccer

All this talk of these more modern games, matchday 2 and Footballer of the Year was where it was at.

Footballer of the Year was one of my favourite games ever. Was class. The 2nd one wasn't anywhere near as good. I actually played FOTY not that long back on an online emulator, was still class.

Shame no new versions of that with more in it (or is there?!?).

Played that - it's shite. Based off the mega drive port, with the easy controls and scoring from literally everywhere.

Anyone looking to play it on PC could do a lot worse than this site. They're working on the 17/18 update now :cool:

Toolbox FC. Wrench was a canny striker.

Always used to have a soft spot for Banana in Drive of Disk Errors fame; nee idea if they were a decent team or not, but he used to see a lot of action.

Played that - it's shite. Based off the mega drive port, with the easy controls and scoring from literally everywhere.

Anyone looking to play it on PC could do a lot worse than this site. They're working on the 17/18 update now :cool:

Always used to have a soft spot for Banana in Drive of Disk Errors fame; nee idea if they were a decent team or not, but he used to see a lot of action.
Did the teams have actual stats? I always assumed they were all exactly the same...

EDIT: I was thinking of the SNES version for a minute there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the teams have actual stats? I always assumed they were all exactly the same...

EDIT: I was thinking of the SNES version for a minute there.

All the Sensi Soccer games have player stats. It depended on what version you were playing as to what they were and what you can see though. Some teams on the SNES were slower than others, but they generally all passed and shot with the same power etc.

I remember the Mega Drive version had star players that could dribble even on the hardest difficulty, which sort of ruined it for me.

SWOS had proper player skills (you can see them in the editor) but i'm not sure if you could see them in game.

Apparently these were the SWOS skills:

S = Speed
H = Header
T = Tackling
V = Shooting (Velocity)
P = Passing
F = Finishing (Shot power inside area)
C = Control (ball)

Last edited:

Back