Senior supporters

I'm also a member, with respect I don't think the club are "up to" anything. Think they cap numbers at 250 as the venue holds just under that. Usually a speaker (with q & a), sometimes a discussion about ongoing SAFC happenings (think there are 3 reps on the branches council thingy) & a raffle. KS & SD attended the May meeting just ahead of play offs. They answered loads of questions & the positivity/honesty of those present was well received. As a follow up the training meeting/get together followed. From what I've seen the club seem keen to repeat with others.
Just seen the above, think they stopped taking newbies cos of Covid, there's no website
How do you apply to become a member when there’s space? I reckon my old man would be interested.

How do you apply to become a member when there’s space? I reckon my old man would be interested.
Well maybe when some on leaves the group you may get an invite if you let them know you are interested
however how old you need to be is the point
It’s a strange set up when you can’t become a member because it’s full do they meet in a small building or something
or if you live abroad how do you join
I’ve never heard of the senior members supporters club before

Last edited:
It was mentioned to me by a friend who was a member, chap called Malcolm runs it, would be wrong to put any private details on here, but I know they liaise with Chris Waters. Maybe contact him & ask for messages to be forwarded. I believe it's been going 20+ years, rarely been full, one meeting with the first team & everyone wants in. The group is mentioned in every BLC meeting

It was mentioned to me by a friend who was a member, chap called Malcolm runs it, would be wrong to put any private details on here, but I know they liaise with Chris Waters. Maybe contact him & ask for messages to be forwarded. I believe it's been going 20+ years, rarely been full, one meeting with the first team & everyone wants in. The group is mentioned in every BLC meeting
I know me and my 4 friends would be interested once we are all retired and available to attend meetings, understandably because of covid that there are restrictions but if there’s a relaxing of the joining rules then that’s 5 new members waiting to join in the next two years

I'm also a member, with respect I don't think the club are "up to" anything. Think they cap numbers at 250 as the venue holds just under that. Usually a speaker (with q & a), sometimes a discussion about ongoing SAFC happenings (think there are 3 reps on the branches council thingy) & a raffle. KS & SD attended the May meeting just ahead of play offs. They answered loads of questions & the positivity/honesty of those present was well received. As a follow up the training meeting/get together followed. From what I've seen the club seem keen to repeat with others.
Just seen the above, think they stopped taking newbies cos of Covid, there's no website
I agree marra, I don't think they're up to anything either. Im assuming it's simply an opportunity for like minded folk from a similar generation to get together and have a good chim wag and a laugh. Social events are massively important for lot's of reasons and are something I 100% support. We all need to get out and see people.

I think it speaks volumes that not one link or any contact info has been provided by the members of this group.
There are obviously a lot of supporters that would like to join but it seems to be a bit of a closed shop.
Prove me wrong.

Is the regular Supporters Association capped at a maximum membership?

Hum I'm halfway there already sit in the east stand.

Be interesting to see what if any priority / ticket allocation for aways they get seen as its an official club?

Given that the price reduction on seat tickets at SoL starts at 65, that should suggest that is the right age for the Senior Supporters Association.
I’d be embarrassed to join such a thing at 55.

Still waiting for a link to be provided for membership application!

There must be members on here.

Closed shop?
Through RAWA I know one of the people who is heavily involved with it, I'll message him and see what the crack is. Have to be honest, it does seem a bit strange that there's no obvious way to apply/ join. I understand the bit about a venue capacity, but surely you could have more members and they'd just have to register to attend, with some missing out if too many apply? That's what happens with RAWA, you wouldn't be able to fit all the RAWA members into most venues. I'll ask the question mate

Through RAWA I know one of the people who is heavily involved with it, I'll message him and see what the crack is. Have to be honest, it does seem a bit strange that there's no obvious way to apply/ join. I understand the bit about a venue capacity, but surely you could have more members and they'd just have to register to attend, with some missing out if too many apply? That's what happens with RAWA, you wouldn't be able to fit all the RAWA members into most venues. I'll ask the question mate

Its like the Masons

Get a bigger venue?

Malcolm Bramley was Asst Secretary at SAFC in the mid-60s(?)_ and Cloughie took him to Derby County as the youngest Secretary in the Football League. He was also at Gillingham I think.

Loved Groucho.
Marx 7/10

You'll of heard these then.....
All from Grouch Marks....

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception"

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others"

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it"

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You'll of heard these then.....
All from Grouch Marks....

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception"

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others"

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it"

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
It's the way ya tell em.

Back