Senior supporters

dred73

Midfield
Could someone please let me know where, when and what time the meeting of the Senior Supporters Club is this month.
Thanks in advance.

I believe you just have to turn up, its finding out the times etc that is the problem.
Limited to space according to another thread
Membership currently full. When there are any vacancies they advertise it via social media
How can it be full, do the club not support this? and I dont mean by letting them mingle with the players

Last edited:
Membership currently full. When there are any vacancies they advertise it via social media
So how can it be recognised by SAFC as Senior Supporters Club when it has restrictions on the number of members who can join and therefore does not appear to represent the views of the majority (I'm guessing) senior Supporters?

That seems a tadge very undemocratic imo

Not sure if it restarts August or September, but I do know that they are changing the day to Thursday due to the amount of Tuesday matches.
1.30pm at SOL Riverview Brasserie normally
This is correct.

The meetings used to be held on the first Tuesday of each month, though as you say, the meetings will now be held on a Thursday.

I'm a member of the Senior Supporters club, and a regular attendee of the monthly meetings.
The minimum age for membership is 55 (I'm 59)

There's usually at least one (and sometimes two) guest speakers at the meetings.
The speeches are very informative and the guest speakers are people involved with the club in some capacity (past or present, usually players, managers or people employed by the club on the business side of things)

So how can it be recognised by SAFC as Senior Supporters Club when it has restrictions on the number of members who can join and therefore does not appear to represent the views of the majority (I'm guessing) senior Supporters?

That seems a tadge very undemocratic imo
I doubt they're voting on the issues of the day, it's a social event, not the Buffalo's. Most things like this have limited capacity, but aye the club must be up to something...

I doubt they're voting on the issues of the day, it's a social event, not the Buffalo's. Most things like this have limited capacity, but aye the club must be up to something...
You'd have thought that when the Club engages with is Senior Supporter, bearing in mind as of yet none of whom have provided a link or address of how to join, in what you would expect is open to all Senior Supporters. For a good few years I often wondered how you join and just cannot see the Club being happy for people to be excluded. Perhaps a representative of the Senior Supporters club would post a link? ":)

I'm also a member, with respect I don't think the club are "up to" anything. Think they cap numbers at 250 as the venue holds just under that. Usually a speaker (with q & a), sometimes a discussion about ongoing SAFC happenings (think there are 3 reps on the branches council thingy) & a raffle. KS & SD attended the May meeting just ahead of play offs. They answered loads of questions & the positivity/honesty of those present was well received. As a follow up the training meeting/get together followed. From what I've seen the club seem keen to repeat with others.
Just seen the above, think they stopped taking newbies cos of Covid, there's no website

Last edited:

Back