Sending your child to London

I go there regularly with work and spend a fair bit of time down there (Kings Cross / Euston) area. It's completely run down with rubbish and litter everywhere, homeless and drunk/derelict people every 10 yards. The tube is crazy busy and dated with ignorant arseholes charging around barging people out of the way everywhere they go. There's a real danger of being mugged, assaulted, robbed or ran over on the streets. Other than that it's fine. In my opinion t's no place for a 10 year old from 300 miles away to go without their parents, but i understand that's just my opinion and that others (as this thread has shown) will have no problems sending their kids. I wouldn't try to change your mind and you wont change mine.
sounds like any half decent city tbh

My sons 10 and I’d be worried constantly about him being that far away, HOWEVER, the second we stop living our lives or doing the things we enjoy because of these extremists is the day we give in and allow them to win

I go there regularly with work and spend a fair bit of time down there (Kings Cross / Euston) area. It's completely run down with rubbish and litter everywhere, homeless and drunk/derelict people every 10 yards. The tube is crazy busy and dated with ignorant arseholes charging around barging people out of the way everywhere they go. There's a real danger of being mugged, assaulted, robbed or ran over on the streets. Other than that it's fine. In my opinion t's no place for a 10 year old from 300 miles away to go without their parents, but i understand that's just my opinion and that others (as this thread has shown) will have no problems sending their kids. I wouldn't try to change your mind and you wont change mine.

I go twice a year with work. I travel down after work one evening, so I'm crossing the city to the hotel by myself at night. I've never felt in any danger.

I was in Hammersmith when Westminster happened. I still got on a tube after the meeting and went out on the night and felt perfectly safe.

You do realise that the amount of deaths caused by terrorists over the last 15yrs in this country is ridiculously low don’t you? Yes, ISIS are shitbags but we are blessed with the fact that they are highly incompetent shitbags as far as terrorism goes.
There’s more chance of been knocked over by a car playing in the street at home than there is of coming a Cropper in London man

thats cos he is in Manchester

Logon or register to see this image

Just a straw poll as I'm proper fummin about something!

If you had a child in Year 6 (age 10-11), would you be willing to send them on a school trip to London? It would include travelling down by train, staying in a Youth Hostel for two nights and visiting popular tourist attractions by Tube.
No problem, my son is a primary head and they run a trip every year. Might have the odd question to ask about security in this "youth hostel" mind

My sons 10 and I’d be worried constantly about him being that far away, HOWEVER, the second we stop living our lives or doing the things we enjoy because of these extremists is the day we give in and allow them to win

its right to have a concern but that could be on a trip to the lakes or anywhere...

It’s a big dangerous world out there, regardless of where you are.

Let them out and learn some life skills, chances of a terrorist attack while they’re there are slim, even slimmer chance of them even Being caught up in it should it happen when they’re there.. London is massive man.

I don’t know the figures but they’re highly more likely to get caught up in some random incident when theyre travelling to and from school. Never mind when they’re playing UNOBSERVED on the streets with their pals.

The parents who are against this are going to bring up some soft shite bairns if this is the way they go on

Might have the odd question to ask about security in this "youth hostel" mind

It's one set up for school groups. They would have their own corridor with rooms and bathrooms for all the children and teachers. The corridor has a door on that would be locked at night so nobody can wander off and nobody can get in.

No issue.

We were down there last year when it all kicked off in Borough Market. I had a great idea for a business startup: stab vest rental. I'm sure there are enough bed wetters for it to be successful.

Back