Sending your child to London

some of the trips my 2 get a chnace to go on are mental.... I let them do the short europe trips but the south america, Africa , India trips are just silly priced

I have one going to ww1 battlefields in a few weeks and that about £180. travel dead early friday. one night in hotel and back Saturday evening. wouldnt mind but they will stay in a flea pit accommodation not even A half decent IBIS or something

We felt blackmailed. The trip was sold as only for a very select few and my son wants to be a vet (he's been at uni studying for a few months now) so it was all the big game etc.

I was happy for her to go and have paid the deposit. It's now been cancelled as not enough children want to go in case they get blown up by terrorists.
Crazy, the kids are losing out.
My 9 year old recently did a trip with cubs to London. They traveled using public transport from Oxford where he lives, visited a few attractions in London by public transport, then stayed overnight on HMS Belfast. Didn't cross my mind one bit not to allow him to go, I'd have gone with them if I could :D

Just a straw poll as I'm proper fummin about something!

If you had a child in Year 6 (age 10-11), would you be willing to send them on a school trip to London? It would include travelling down by train, staying in a Youth Hostel for two nights and visiting popular tourist attractions by Tube.

I went on a school trip to London when I was thirteen and my sister was eleven. What is your concern?

Back